Group Assurance Manager
Your new company
RPS Group, an international, fully-listed environmental and energy consultancy, has created a new role of Group Assurance Manager to develop and oversee its internal assurance activities. The increasingly international footprint and diversity of the Group necessitates a dedicated professional with broad experience in internal audit to strengthen and develop the existing assurance review processes. The Group has grown strongly through acquisition and plans to implement new ERP systems and re-organise regional businesses, which will require more guidance with respect to controls.
Your new role
The Group Assurance Manager will plan, manage and execute reviews, with assistance provided from the Group Finance department, and report findings to senior management and the Audit Committee.
The range of assurance assignments is diverse and interesting. You will work very closely with the business and really be able to make a positive contribution to its performance. This role offers high levels of autonomy and the freedom to act in an entrepreneurial and highly qualified professional services environment.
Day-to-day responsibilities include:
- Leading the development of the assurance function
- Designing and implementing the group assurance plan and a risk based review methodology
- Ensuring engagement with senior management throughout the Group
- Planning, managing and conducting audits
- Where appropriate, reviewing transactional level detail and documenting controls
- Assisting in the design and development of processes and controls
- Reporting to local senior management, Group FD and ultimately the Audit Committee
- Recommending control improvements to local management and ensuring implementation
During the initial phase, the role is very hands-on and will be supported, when required, from the Group Finance team. It offers an outstanding opportunity to structure and set-up the Assurance function of RPS, with an initial focus on Financial Controls and a massive opportunity, in the future, to develop the Operational and IT Assurance and Risk Management environment. The role will involve up to 35% travel within Europe, North America and Australia. The remainder will be based in the Abingdon office.
What you'll need to succeed
- ACA / IIA qualified or equivalent in an international firm
- Excellent academic record
- Very good analytical, critical thinking, communication and inter-personal skills
- A number of year experience in an international, commercial organisation
- Commercial awareness and understanding of business is necessary
- Task competencies required include – planning, execution, reporting writing and follow up
- Self-starter, able to get things done
What you'll get in return
This is a fantastic opportunity to be instrumental in setting up a new Assurance function within the RPS business and over a period of 2-3 years, to recruit and manage a new Audit and Governance team. This position is rewarded with a competitive salary and benefits package including a company car allowance.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV.
For further information please visit hays.co.uk/jobs/rps-group