Senior Internal Auditor (6-9 Month FTC)
The Audit & Risk Recruitment Company have been briefed to recruit an Internal Auditor (Fixed Term Contract 6 - 9 months) – Great opportunity for temp to perm
Reports to: Internal Audit Manager
Function: Safety, Strategy and Support Services
Location South London / North London
Salary £50,000 - £60,000 (Pro rata, Depending on experience)
To lead and perform compliance, operational and financial control reviews of business areas throughout the organisations ad hoc investigations, and to report findings, conclusions and recommendations arising from those reviews to the Internal Audit Manager and Head of Internal Audit as appropriate.
Staff to be managed: Dependant on nature of audit review
• Lead and execute compliance, operational and financial control reviews through to production of a draft audit report with findings agreed by local management.
• Supervise other auditors if appropriate, ensuring adequate standards of working papers and providing coaching where appropriate.
• Identify and evaluate areas for potential improvement in processes and controls while ensuring that all work adds value to the business.
• To maintain a high level of technical auditing and accounting excellence.
• To contribute directly to efforts to raise the profile of internal audit.
NATURE AND SCOPE:
The Internal Audit function within the company is headed by the Head of Internal Audit who reports to the organisations Board, through the Chairman of the Audit Committee. For administrative purposes the Head of Internal Audit will report to the Director of Safety, Strategy & Support Services.
The Auditor (job holder) will report to the Internal Audit Manager who will be responsible for ensuring that the audit plan is delivered in a timely and efficient fashion.
The job holder will be responsible for ensuring that all work allocated by the Head of Internal Audit or Internal Audit Manager is completed on time and in accordance with the departmental methodology. It is anticipated that the job holder will prepare audit scoping, delivery and reporting materials for review by the Internal Audit Manager.
The job holder's principal challenge will be ensuring that the business maintains an adequate control environment given the current emphasis in the business on efficiency improvements and cost savings.
Whilst the work of the Internal Audit function is relatively self-contained and the job holder will need extensive interaction with the members of the senior management team across all business functions.
The job requires a qualified Accountant / Auditor with extensive internal audit experience. The job holder will be familiar with the company's core operations and processes.
SKILLS, QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
• Professional qualification required – accounting or auditing
• Communication – written and verbal, including report writing
• Influencing and negotiation skills
• Credibility to interact with people at all levels
• Coaching skills to ensure risk process is well understood
• Proactive and work on own initiative
• Ability to see both the big picture and detail, and to exercise commercial judgement
• Time management
• Ability to be a team player and to take the lead when appropriate
Health & Safety Responsibilities
Managers and supervisors carry both legal and company responsibilities for ensuring the health and safety of their employees, those under their control and those who might be affected by the work undertaken, i.e. public, visitors and employees of other organisations. This includes briefing individuals working for them and ensuring there is the necessary understanding, competence and application of requirements to work safely and without harming the environment.
Employees are responsible for ensuring they fully understand the health and safety risks involved in their work activities and their responsibility to apply the controls needed to manage those risks to acceptable levels. Similarly, where work activities can have an adverse impact upon the environment, and particularly where there are legal requirements, employees are responsible for understanding those impacts and the controls they must ensure are applied.
The Audit & Risk Recruitment Company – Experts in Audit and Risk