Anti-Money Laundering (AML) Assistant Monitoring Manager, Financial Crime and Compliance
Discover a Compliance role that really opens doors.
If you’re looking for a career that will unlock new opportunities, join HSBC and experience the possibilities. Whether you want a career that could take you to the top, or simply take you in an exciting new direction, HSBC offers opportunities, support and rewards that will take you further.
Financial Crime Compliance aligns current activities within Global Risk and helps to build these into a more integrated framework to conduct Customer Due Diligence which enables HSBC to manage financial crime risk more effectively. It builds stronger controls to improve the way Financial Crime Compliance risks are managed in order to spot gaps as well as trends so that the team can take action. It proactively gathers and analyses financial intelligence in a smart way so that suspicious transactions, activities or connections can be identified and we can adequately protect our customers from the threat of financial crime.
As an HSBC employee in the UK, you will have access to tailored professional development opportunities and a competitive pay and benefits package. This includes private healthcare for all UK-based employees, enhanced maternity and adoption pay and support when you return to work, and a contributory pension scheme with a generous employer contribution.
We are currently seeking an experienced individual to join this team in the role of AML Assistant Monitoring Manager.
In this role, you will:
- Accurately report review findings and produce management information to a diverse and senior audience to enable the business to identify and manage the risks within the relevant business area
- Develop and maintain a collaborative working relationship with relevant Compliance colleagues
- Foster a close working relationship with the local Compliance teams including the Financial Crime Compliance (FCC) teams, FCC Europe and business, including keeping abreast of key business developments and any changes to procedures and practices.
- Monitor changes to business practices and products to ensure that Compliance monitoring plans for AML and CTF are adjusted adequately to cover them
To be successful in this role you should meet the following requirements:
- Experience working in relevant environment/s, i.e. financial crime compliance
- Experience working in relevant market/context, i.e. Banking, financial services
- Experience of planning and prioritising their own time effectively, aware of their responsibilities and committed to delivering these efficiently
- A comprehensive understanding of risk management and proven experience of ensuring own/others' compliance with relevant regulatory processes
Within HSBC certain roles are designated as Enhanced Vetting Roles. For these roles, all internal and external applicants are required (subject to local laws), to pass satisfactorily a series of additional checks both as part of the application process and, if successfully recruited into the Enhanced Vetting role, on an on-going basis. The Group reserves its position with regard to any steps which it may take in relation to any material adverse findings which arise either when the checks are first carried out as part of this recruitment exercise, and/or if relevant, on an on-going basis.
This role has been designated as a Enhanced Vetting Role.
For further details and application information please click “Apply” or visit our careers site, searching under reference 0000834N.
You’ll achieve more when you join HSBC.
HSBC is committed to building a culture where all employees are valued, respected and opinions count. We take pride in providing a workplace that fosters continuous professional development, flexible working and opportunities to grow within an inclusive and diverse environment. Personal data held by the Bank relating to employment applications will be used in accordance with our Privacy Statement, which is available on our website.
Issued by HSBC Bank Plc.