UK Head of AML Transaction Monitoring, Financial Crime Compliance
Discover a Compliance role that really opens doors.
If you’re looking for a career that will unlock new opportunities, join HSBC and experience the possibilities. Whether you want a career that could take you to the top, or simply take you in an exciting new direction, HSBC offers opportunities, support and rewards that will take you further.
Financial Crime Compliance aligns current activities within Global Risk and helps to build these into a more integrated framework to conduct Customer Due Diligence which enables HSBC to manage financial crime risk more effectively. It builds stronger controls to improve the way Financial Crime Compliance risks are managed in order to spot gaps as well as trends so that the team can take action. It proactively gathers and analyses financial intelligence in a smart way so that suspicious transactions, activities or connections can be identified and we can adequately protect our customers from the threat of financial crime.
As an HSBC employee in the UK, you will have access to tailored professional development opportunities and a competitive pay and benefits package. This includes private healthcare for all UK-based employees, enhanced maternity and adoption pay and support when you return to work, and a contributory pension scheme with a generous employer contribution.
We are currently seeking an experienced individual to join this team in the role of UK Head of AML Transaction Monitoring.
In this role, you will:
- Be responsible for establishing and maintaining the UK Strategic direction for Transaction Monitoring, across all geographies and Lines of Business (LOBs) in HSBC UK
- Be the AML Subject Matter Expert, with support from Group Risk Analytics (GRA)/Transformation Team, on Transaction Monitoring (TM) in assessing the AML risk impact from any changes to existing TM capability, or the introduction of new TM capabilities (e.g. new products, data types, monitoring scenarios, systems), forming a recommendation for sign off by the UK Head of AML (where required)
- Be responsible for the governance of TM control, ensuring that proposed changes or new TM capabilities, support the overall AML goals and enhance the ability to deter, detect and protect against Financial crime risks
- Deliver advisory support to the UK Head of AML, LoBs and other FCC Functions (eg Transformation) across HSBC UK in understanding new and emerging trends and AML risks, areas of concerns, and proposed solutions related to existing / changes to TM
- Provide guidance to the AML and Financial Crime Compliance (FCC) Senior Leadership team and other related FCC functions across HSBC UK in supporting TM activity as part of Global Standards, in response to the Deferred Prosecution Agreement (DPA) and other BAU Changes
- Form recommendations and provide guidance (both at a strategic and operational level) that are required to ensure the effectiveness of TM monitoring controls
To be successful in this role you should meet the following requirements:
- Experience working in relevant environment/s, i.e. Financial Crime Compliance
- Experience working in relevant market/context, i.e. Subject Matter expert in transaction Monitoring
- A track record of delivering significant change which improves business effectiveness in sustainable ways
- Track record of making strategic business decisions, considering relevant risks, long term implications, commercial realities and stakeholders'' needs
Within HSBC certain roles are designated as Enhanced Vetting Roles. For these roles, all internal and external applicants are required (subject to local laws), to pass satisfactorily a series of additional checks both as part of the application process and, if successfully recruited into the Enhanced Vetting role, on an on-going basis. The Group reserves its position with regard to any steps which it may take in relation to any material adverse findings which arise either when the checks are first carried out as part of this recruitment exercise, and/or if relevant, on an on-going basis.
This role has been designated as a Enhanced Vetting Role.
For further details and application information please click “Apply” or visit our careers site, searching under reference 000083MO.
You’ll achieve more when you join HSBC.
HSBC is committed to building a culture where all employees are valued, respected and opinions count. We take pride in providing a workplace that fosters continuous professional development, flexible working and opportunities to grow within an inclusive and diverse environment. Personal data held by the Bank relating to employment applications will be used in accordance with our Privacy Statement, which is available on our website.
Issued by HSBC Bank Plc.