Compliance Manager - Regulatory Monitoring and Testing, Financial Crime Compliance
Discover a Compliance role that really opens doors.
If you’re looking for a career that will unlock new opportunities, join HSBC and experience the possibilities. Whether you want a career that could take you to the top, or simply take you in an exciting new direction, HSBC offers opportunities, support and rewards that will take you further.
Financial Crime Compliance aligns current activities within Global Risk and helps to build these into a more integrated framework to conduct Customer Due Diligence which enables HSBC to manage financial crime risk more effectively. It builds stronger controls to improve the way Financial Crime Compliance risks are managed in order to spot gaps as well as trends so that the team can take action. It proactively gathers and analyses financial intelligence in a smart way so that suspicious transactions, activities or connections can be identified and we can adequately protect our customers from the threat of financial crime.
As an HSBC employee in the UK, you will have access to tailored professional development opportunities and a competitive pay and benefits package. This includes private healthcare for all UK-based employees, enhanced maternity and adoption pay and support when you return to work, and a contributory pension scheme with a generous employer contribution.
We are currently seeking an experienced individual to join this team in the role of Compliance Manager - Regulatory Monitoring and Testing.
In this role, you will:
- Manage the completion of the HSBC Securities Services (HSS) European Regulatory Compliance Monitoring and Testing (RCMAT) plan in country, assisting regional business line leads as appropriate, and meeting local Regulatory Compliance requirements
- Support the Business by providing specialist monitoring assistance as required
- Conduct periodic monitoring of key RC risks across all in-country business lines as directed by the RCMAT team leader
- Proactively identifying key emerging compliance risks across all RC categories and interface appropriately with other RC teams and senior management
- Provide innovative and effective solutions based on Subject Matter Expert (SME) knowledge that assists the Business / Function
- Propose, manage and track the resolution of subsequent monitoring findings
To be successful in this role you should meet the following requirements:
- Good understanding of the HSBC Securities Services regulatory environment and products
- Knowledge of the FCA Handbook, particularly in relation to Custody and CASS Rules
- Experience working in relevant environment/s
- Good understanding of Regulatory Compliance requirements and risk-based monitoring techniques
Within HSBC certain roles are designated as Enhanced Vetting Roles. For these roles, all internal and external applicants are required (subject to local laws), to pass satisfactorily a series of additional checks both as part of the application process and, if successfully recruited into the Enhanced Vetting role, on an on-going basis. The Group reserves its position with regard to any steps which it may take in relation to any material adverse findings which arise either when the checks are first carried out as part of this recruitment exercise, and/or if relevant, on an on-going basis.
This role has been designated as a Enhanced Vetting Role.
For further details and application information please click “Apply” or visit our careers site, searching under reference 000084X7.
You’ll achieve more when you join HSBC.
HSBC is committed to building a culture where all employees are valued, respected and opinions count. We take pride in providing a workplace that fosters continuous professional development, flexible working and opportunities to grow within an inclusive and diverse environment. Personal data held by the Bank relating to employment applications will be used in accordance with our Privacy Statement, which is available on our website.
Issued by HSBC Bank Plc.