Head of Internal Audit
Our client is a highly successful independent private bank offering comprehensive Banking, Wealth Management and Investment Management services. This is a newly created, high profile role and as part of the Executive Committee this individual will be reporting directly to the Chairman of the Audit Committee.
Key responsibilities of the role will include the following;
- To ensure internal auditing standards and requirements are fully understood and applied whilst developing and maintaining an effective and appropriate internal audit framework and methodology.
- Working with the Executives to determine and agree the key risks and an appropriate Internal Audit plan with the bank’s Executives and the Audit Committee.
- Supervise the activities performed by any third parties providing internal audit support on a co-source basis. Enforcing the internal audit findings and recommendations and track and report on management progress to the ExCo and Board.
- Attending the Audit Committee and providing oversight of all internal audit activities across the Group, to include discussion of audit plans and findings / recommendations, monitoring corrective actions.
- Advising the Audit Committee of progress as well as ensuring all Internal Audit work is carried out to the required level of competence required by the PRA & FCA and as required in order to comply with Chartered Institute of Internal Auditors, legal and other regulatory requirements.
The successful candidate will already have extensive experience of managing co-source relationships and be able to work across the business in a hands on capacity when required to do so. A recognised qualification as an auditor/ qualified accountant and a proven track record as a Head of Audit working within the private banking/wealth management/investment management space will be preferred. This individual could also potentially be working as a Director/Senior Manager in the FS group of a Big 4 Internal Audit Services team. Excellent communication skills are key as the successful candidate will be working and liaising across the business at the highest levels.