Process & Controls - Wealth Asset Management - Senior Consultant
Our Process and Controls (P&C) practice, a specialty advisory practice within Advisory Services, provides comprehensive risk services through a suite of strategic, outsourcing, and industry-focused operational recommendations that help companies around the world evaluate and enhance their internal audit and risk management functions.
We have an opportunity for a strong team player for the role of Executive focusing on the asset management industry. You will perform internal audit and risk advisory projects in accordance with the client's risk management strategy and EY's internal audit methodologies.
- Work with high-growth clients and other market leaders in the asset management industry
- Deliver audits and take responsibility through wrap-up and final report delivery
- Maintain a strong client focus by effectively serving client needs and developing productive working relationships with client personnel
- Stay abreast of current business and economic developments and new pronouncements/standards relevant to the client's business
- Work effectively as a team member sharing responsibility, providing support, and updating senior team members on progress
- Conduct performance reviews and contribute to performance feedback for staff
Skills and experience required
- Strong academic record including at least a 2.1 classified degree or equivalent, a professional qualification would be advantageous
- Strong understanding of the investment management industry:
Front Office - Investment process, portfolio management and broking.
Middle Office - Distribution, client reporting and performance analytics
Back Office - Investment accounting
- Clearing and settlement and Corporate actions
- Solid understanding and experience of processes and controls in particular from performing internal audit reviews:
- Knowledge of operational process and process analysis Internal audit, COSO, data analytics, computer assisted audit techniques (CAATs), continuous control monitoring (CCM), financial statements, SOX, 404, internal controls, financial reporting and fraud.
- Project management experience, ideally relating to risk management projects
EY is committed to being an inclusive employer and we are happy to consider flexible working arrangements. We strive to achieve the right balance for our people, enabling us to deliver excellent client service whilst allowing you to build your career without sacrificing your personal priorities. While our client-facing professionals can be required to travel regularly, and at times be based at client sites, our flexible working arrangements can help you to achieve a lifestyle balance.