Internal Audit Manager (Senior) - Small Team - Low Travel - Aviation/Retail - West London
The Audit & Risk Recruitment Company (ARRC) have been engaged to recruit for a new position due to an internal move within the group.
This role sits in a well known Aviation related business, and boost a great history of career development within the team. The past several hires have been due to internal movers, and a Head of Department who is a huge advocate of this.
The primary purpose of the role is to manage simultaneous internal audit reviews (operational or financial) to provide assurance to the Executive and Audit Committees that the governance and internal control frameworks within the group are well designed and operating effectively.
The role may also require participation in ad-hoc projects and (e.g. investigations), contributing risk and control expertise together with analytical and investigative skills.
The role will have line management responsibility for 2 Senior Auditors.
Specific Experience – A detailed understanding of and experience of the principles of operational Internal Audit and their application in complex operational and commercial environments is key to this role. This role covers all aspects of the Heathrow business and therefore an understanding of the aviation industry, construction/infrastructure development and knowledge of how an international airport operates and the obligations within the regulatory environment in the UK would also be an advantage.
- Excellent influencing, communication and negotiating skills.
- IT literate.
- Considerable background in internal audit, compliance, systems and internal control and knowledge to identify indicators of fraud
- Good analytical skills with ability to interpret a broad range of complex information and evaluate effectiveness of controls
- Ability to work independently, a self-starter, creative thinker with high professional standards and integrity
- Flexibility to move between business areas and subjects, running multiple agendas in different areas.
- Effective writing, presentation and listening skills
- Ability to prioritise and meet deadlines
- Strong organisation skills and a logical thinker
- Effective team player
- Commercially aware and ambitious
All candidates should be able to work and live in the UK without sponsorship