Senior Internal Auditor - Central London - Low Travel (great 1st move into industry)
The Audit & Risk Recruitment Company (ARRC) have been briefed by a privately owned pharmaceutical business based in Central London. Our client employs 000's of people and has operations in over 30 countries across Europe, Asia Pacific and in the Americas. The Company continues to consistently outperform the market and enjoys double-digit growth (mostly via organic development and the in-licensing of new products).
This Internal Auditor role will report to the Head of Audit and Internal Audit Manager, and be part of a growing team of experienced auditors.
Responsibilities of the role
- Reviewing financial activity and business operations to manage risk, improve efficiencies and enhance processes.
- Working across multiple functions including finance, sales & marketing and manufacturing, the role includes the evaluation of internal controls, safeguarding of company assets & compliance with established policies and procedures, including a code of ethics.
- Contributing to the delivery of audit reviews of processes, controls and systems within Independent Associates Companies across the Organization as required.
- Plan one or more audit assignments simultaneously. Collate information on the area being audited, including key systems, organisational structure, financial and budgetary information, any legal or regulatory requirements etc. Dialogue and interviews with the management responsible for the area being audited.
- Document the key processes and associated controls being examined in the audit, using flowcharts where necessary. Complete a control and risk assessment matrix following documentation of the systems and processes being reviewed.
- Devise testing programmes and perform testing as required.
- Write working papers to ensure they comply with the agreed standards, including drafting review points when necessary. Discuss findings and draft observations with Head of Audit and Internal Audit Manager.
- Draft internal audit reports and assist Head of Audit and Internal Audit Manager with finalising the findings and observations with auditee management.
- Develop sound job administration skills so that jobs run smoothly. Take responsibility for executing work plans and managing projects effectively to time, quality and costs.
Core Competences Required:
- Distinguish between issues that should be communicated upward and those that can be resolved without manager involvement.
- Demonstrate the ability to evaluate, synthesize, organize and interpret data and information.
- Contribute to a positive work environment that fosters open communication among all engagement team members
- Dynamic and motivated, proactive, creative, resourceful
We are looking for someone keen and enthusiastic to travel as this role will take you all over the World for circa 18 weeks of the year.
- ACA, ACCA, CPA
- Big 4 background ( 2-3 years in practice)
- Comes from a pharmaceutical or FMCG background with internal audit experience ( 2-3 years)
- Languages: Strong written and spoken English, other languages are a plus.
Please get in touch for further information
The Audit & Risk Recruitment Company - Experts in Audit and Risk Recruitment!
More jobs like this
- £50,000 - £59,999 Production, Manufacturing & Operations Business / Corporate Auditor jobs in London (Central)
- £50,000 - £59,999 Production, Manufacturing & Operations External Audit Senior jobs in London (Central)
- £50,000 - £59,999 Production, Manufacturing & Operations Internal Audit Senior jobs in London (Central)
- £50,000 - £59,999 Production, Manufacturing & Operations Assistant Audit Manager jobs in London (Central)