Senior Internal Auditor
Joining the Stanley Black & Decker team means joining one of the world’s largest, fastest-growing, and most dynamic companies. Stanley Black & Decker is unique in that we’ve got a rich and storied history, but that hasn’t stopped us from evolving into a vibrant, diverse, global growth company ready for the future. We embed ECOSMART thinking into everything that we do.
Internal Audit within Stanley Black & Decker (SBD) is considered as a starting platform for highly motivated individuals who will show the capability and willingness to grow in the internal audit department or to move into a leading role in one of the many departments in the company.
The current open position is the result of one of the Senior Auditors moving into a Senior role in the Commercial Finance Department.
The successful candidate will be integrated in the Europe audit team, who performs audits and reviews in a diverse range of entities of SBD. In many cases, there will be cooperation and exchanges with peer auditors from the US and Asia audit teams.
What is the job opportunity about ?
- Perform financial, operational and compliance audits
- Assess financial, accounting, and operational controllership for both risks and opportunities
- Review and improve worldwide compliance with company policies
- Support critical strategic and operational processes
- Identify and research potential accounting issues
- Make recommendations to improve processes, policies, procedures
- Work with external auditors on annual Stanley Black & Decker financial statement audit
- Provide support for investigations relating to financial fraud and policy non-compliance issues
- Preparation: Outlines a course of action for self & others to ensure timely completion of work
- Performance/Execution: Performs exemplary work that indicates a high level of technical and professional knowledge
- Professionalism: Sets high standards of performance for self & others; assumes responsibility and accountability for the successful completion of assignments or tasks; self-imposing standards of excellence
- Communication: Clearly conveys information and ideas through a variety of media in a way that engages people and helps them understand the message. Uses appropriate communication style to maintain relationships
- Managing Work: Balances and prioritizes time & resources to ensure that work is completed efficiently
- Leadership: Maintains the organization’s vision, objectives and values as the framework for decision-making and action
What do you need to be successful in this role?
- Master degree in Accounting, Finance or Applied Economics
- CPA/CA/ACCA/CIA preferred
- 3-5 years public accounting/internal audit required, (“Big 4” preferred)
- Experience in auditing manufacturing companies (during public accounting or internal audit work) required
- Data Analysis skills (ACL, Access, Excel) preferred
- Knowledge of SAP (or another ERP system) is an asset
- Knowledge of SOX (Sarbanes Oxley) testing is an asset
- Excellent critical thinking, analytical, leadership and interpersonal skills
- International mindset
- High level of enthusiasm
- Passion for excellence and continuous improvement
- Fluent in both written and spoken English and French; a third or native European language is also preferred
- Travel: approximately 40%; mostly entire weeks in the field but home during the weekends; in exceptional cases trips of 2 or 3 weeks.
Why join us?
You will become part of a diverse team of engaged employees with a passion for excellence in pursuing great opportunities for themselves and our businesses, all around the globe.
You will discover a world of opportunities. Our growth strategy means our portfolio is ever changing and you have an opportunity to change too by moving to different business platforms, across country, region and even the world.
How to apply?
Please send your CV and covering letter via the Apply button.
By submitting your personal information, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Candidate Privacy Notice (http://www.stanleyblackanddecker.com/careers/privacy) and you consent to the use of your information as set out in this Notice.
SBD is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all associates and to providing associates with a work environment free of discrimination. SBD provide equal opportunity to all associates with employment requirements and individual qualifications. Furthermore SBD prohibits discrimination in all employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, physical or mental disability.