Part-Qualifed/Junior Internal Audit Associate - London
This Fortune 500 multinational business in the consumer sector has a number of very well known brands and has a global turnover of c$20bn. With a passionate and team-focussed culture, the business has continued to grow and won several awards for employee engagement.
The European Audit function is based in London and the team delivers not only a wide range of operational and financial audits but also (and more unusually) gets involved in remediation work – helping the business to implement recommendations with follow up action plans rather than just delivering their report. As well as regular audits, the team also undertakes advisory work for both the group and business unit management on strategic business decisions and works on ad-hoc projects
The business is currently seeking an enthusiastic junior or part-qualified auditor to join the friendly, passionate and multi-cultural team. Audit is well respected within the business and as such you will be an “ambassador” for the function and so it is essential that you have strong relationship building skills, a genuine passion for the consumer sector, a good foundation in operational or financial controls and the ability to think creatively to identify solutions.
Reporting to the Manager you will be a key part in a sociable team of auditors and will work on a wide range of audit and occasional special work. As a European regional audit role you can expect to travel between 50% and 70% of the time. However the travel is all short-haul so you are able to return home at weekends (or chose to stay over and explore your destination!)
As the ideal candidate you will:
- Be a bright graduate and either currently be studying for an accounting or equivalent qualification or keen to do so
- Have a background in internal audit, internal controls or external audit – with a keen interest in the B2C/consumer goods sector (and ideally have some experience in these sectors)
- Be confident, enthusiastic and have great relationship building skills
- Be a strong communicator with native-level fluency in English (both written and verbal) – an additional European language is also beneficial (but not essential)
- Be professional, confident and able to influence with credibility
- Be genuinely ambitious to grow your career and have the flexibility to travel between 50% and 70% of the time
On offer is a basic salary of up to £40,000 plus generous bonus and benefits including discounts.
You must have eligibility to work within the UK without the need for sponsorship to be considered for this opportunity.