Senior Internal Auditor - Medical Devices
Gresham Hunt have partnered with a Global Top Tier Medical Devices brand in New Jersey who are looking to recruit a Senior Internal Auditor to join their Group Audit team.
- Perform assessments on the adequacy of the Company's internal controls to ensure the protection of assets from loss, reliability and integrity of financial information and compliance with policies, plans, procedures and applicable laws & regulations.
- Support the leadership team in setting internal controls by assessing the economy and efficiency with which resources are employed.
- Review operational procedures to ascertain whether results are consistent with objectives and goals, and whether the operations are being performed as planned.
The Senior Internal Auditor position is created for experienced auditors who have had experience in operational and financial auditing in the multi-national manufacturing industry. The position is ideal for someone looking to transition into a finance operational role in the business or at a regional/corporate level.
The successful candidate should demonstrate strong communication, planning, administrative, technical, and audit investigative skills, as well as establishing and maintaining good relationships with location and team members. In addition, the Senior Internal Auditor must be willing to lead and be led by peers from time to time on various audits and department projects. Candidates should have basic skills in project management.
The successful candidate must be willing to travel up to 25% of the time to domestic and international locations. The position is considered rotational and provides opportunities to move into other areas of Finance and/or the business.
- Assist in development of risk-based annual audit planning procedure
- Identify financial and operational risks and incorporate into audit scope and audit program
- Consult with leadership on scope and audit timetable
- Build relationships with different business functions regarding planning and scope issues
- Communicate scope, timing and audit program to team
- B.S. in Finance/Accounting or Business Administration
- A minimum of 4-6 years audit experience in a corporate environment or with a 3 -5 years public accounting firm is required
- Travel domestically and internationally up to 25% of the time
- Proven experience leading and building teams through an audit engagement
- Understanding of audit methodology and use of various audit tools to facilitate the audit process
Knowledge, skills and abilities
- Strong analytical and communication skills
- Working knowledge of data analysis tools
- Team Player
- Understanding of Sarbanes Oxley implementation practices and issues
- CIA and/or CPA/ACCA, CFE qualified would be a plus