Extended Assurance - Manager - Client Assets (CASS)
Extended Assurance is a diverse team that provides high quality, innovative advice and solutions to financial services firms who face regulatory and risk issues. As a Manager in the CASS team within Extended Assurance, you will lead and deliver CASS assurance engagements, as well as provide high quality advice to clients on the interpretation of FCA CASS rules, helping clients to anticipate and understand regulatory and policy change as well as working with clients to implement process or system changes required to ensure compliance with the FCA CASS rules.
As a Manager within the Extended Assurance CASS team, you will have responsibility for:
- Leading the delivery of client assets assurance engagements for a diverse portfolio of clients, including custodians, investment banks, broker dealers etc.
- Providing high quality advice and support to financial services firms in relation to compliance with the FCA's regime for client money and assets, and in relation to anticipating and understanding the impact of policy changes
- Leading review engagement on clients' CASS related functions and delivering findings and recommendation reports on CASS compliance, control gaps and weaknesses and remediation actions
- Facilitating the implementation of clients' CASS governance structures
- Managing CASS related client projects and across several work streams simultaneously and managing senior client stakeholder expectations
- Providing in-house and client training on CASS
- Manage client engagements including quality and risk management considerations
- Managing teams of various sizes and abilities
- Manage engagement commercials and billing
- Working across service lines
- Managing Partner and Director expectation
Skills and Experience
- A degree and / or a recognized profession accountancy qualification (e.g. ACA, ACCA, CA)
- A thorough understanding of FCA CASS rules and requirements, including new and proposed changes
- Significant experience in delivering high quality technical support and quality assurance over CASS engagements, demonstrated through leading and delivering CASS audits, CASS s166 reviews, CASS advisory engagements etc.
- Prior exposure to banking products, processes and operations, preferably from an assurance perspective
- Prior exposure and knowledge to financial services regulation desirable, including EMIR, AIFMD, MiFID
- Excellent communication skills - both written and oral
- Excellent analytical skills; specifically, the ability to assess financial services industry processes utilising a risk and control focus
- The ability to make new contacts, build relationships, listen to and understand client needs and interpret this into new opportunities to assist them
- People management, coaching and mentoring skills to contribute to the support our client teams and aid the development of other colleagues
- The ability to work under own initiative and in many different and challenging environments
EY is committed to being an inclusive employer and we are happy to consider flexible working arrangements. We strive to achieve the right balance for our people, enabling us to deliver excellent client service whilst allowing you to build your career without sacrificing your personal priorities. While our client-facing professionals can be required to travel regularly, and at times be based at client sites, our flexible working arrangements can help you to achieve a lifestyle balance.