Senior Managers, Financial Services Audit
2 days left
Senior Audit Manager, Banking & Capital Markets
Leeds or Manchester, United Kingdom
The Banking & Capital Markets (BCM) Assurance business is continues to win in the market, representing the biggest FS Assurance business unit in the UK and totalling almost 300 staff.
BCM provides broad range of assurance services including external audit to a wide range of both global and local BCM institutions.
Our broad suite of assurance solutions includes advice on the governance and controls around processes that do not directly impact the financial statements, for example LIBOR, Client money etc.
As an Senior Manager in the BCM Audit team you will:
- Deliver value to the client by providing knowledge, ideas and solutions for improving the business, assess legal implications.
- Secure and enhance relationships with senior client management.
- Assign teams that will meet and exceed the clients' expectations in standards of service and client care.
- Develop and maintain an appropriate external network of business contacts.
- Demonstrate professionalism and competence in all interactions with the client.
- Ensure engagements are executed in accordance with the firm's methodologies and guidance, professional standards, and local legal and regulatory requirements.
- Ensure the technical correctness and presentational standard of all client deliverables.
- Approve engagement budgets and agree fees, where appropriate.
- Lead and coordinate the planning and management of assignments in an effective and efficient manner.
- Manage the delivery of other services to designated clients, where appropriate.
- Liaise with other service lines and other audit managers to ensure efficient utilisation of knowledge and resources to deliver services.
- Manage your audit group and business unit in an efficient manner, minimising the level of debtors and work in progress in the portfolio, and maximising fee opportunities.
- Identify and convert all sales opportunities for Audit and other service lines. Manage risk to the firm by adhering to the risk management policies and procedures.
- Counsel, coach and mentor staff.
- Appraise staff in a constructive and timely manner and ensure all team members do the same.
- Embrace and lead change, motivate colleagues and staff and promote teamwork
- Anticipate client needs, address issues without unnecessary recourse to others
- Manage the execution of Professional Development Plans of team members to build their careers.
- Ensure that the engagement partner is informed about important audit or accounting issues on a timely basis.
- ACA / ACCA / CPA / CA (ICAEW, ICAS or equivalent international awarding body) - preferably first time passes
- Degree qualified (or equivalent), ideally in a business discipline taught in English
- Excellent technical and industry sector expertise - specifically, experience in auditing Financial Services clients, particularly in the Banking sector
- Team and peer leadership skills
- Demonstrate successful relationship management of sizeable clients/projects (e.g. sizeable complex publically listed companies)
EY is committed to being an inclusive employer and we are happy to consider flexible working arrangements. We strive to achieve the right balance for our people, enabling us to deliver excellent client service whilst allowing you to build your career without sacrificing your personal priorities. While our client-facing professionals can be required to travel regularly, and at times be based at client sites, our flexible working arrangements can help you to achieve a lifestyle balance.