IT Audit Manager / Lead IT Auditor
Participate in the preparation of the Internal Audit Assignment Planning Memorandum which sets out the objectives and scope of the audit assignment. Assist the Internal Audit Lead Manager to:
- Gather and review background information on the business to be reviewed
- Identify key risks and challenges
- Derive audit objectives and scope from the assessment of key risks and challenges
- Draft the Internal Audit Assignment Planning Memorandum for review by the Internal Audit Regional Director.
Execute audit assignment tasks under the supervision and guidance of the Internal Audit Lead Manager, ensuring that they are completed within the allotted timeframe:
- Gather, analyse and interpret data
- Organise meetings and conduct interviews with auditees
- Perform testing of controls
- Identify draft audit findings and recommendations
- Discuss draft audit findings and recommendations with auditees
- Complete working papers and documentation to Internal Audit quality standards.
Draft audit findings and recommendations in clear and concise written English. Draft other sections of the audit assignment report as requested by the Internal Audit Lead Manager.
Contribute to the continuous improvement of the activities of the Internal Audit Department:
- Identify and make suggestions for enhancing audit processes and programmes and / or the effectiveness and efficiency of the Internal Audit function with a particular focus on IT infrastructure auditing
- Participate in the development of specialist technical knowledge (e.g. MS platforms, LINUX, Oracle DBs)
Act as a subject matter expert for IT infrastructure reviews in the Internal Audit Department:
- Answer queries from Lead Manager / Managers
- Provide training and coaching on auditing WINTEL, UNIX, and Database platforms
- Awareness of how IT systems supports business processes and the concepts of infrastrcure controls underpinning application and business process controls
- Enjoys working with technology
- Presents information clearly and simply. Facilitates discussions on a one to one basis or in small groups
- Ability to apply internal audit techniques and standards, risk and control principles and relevant policies and procedures to audit work with guidance from the Internal Audit Lead Manager
- Ability to work effectively as a team member
- Excellent written and spoken communication skills including report writing in English.
- Arabic, French, Spanish or Russian is an advantage but not mandatory.
- Methodical and logical. Detail oriented
The audit function is used as a true talent pool for the business with opportunities globally available. You will be developed and grown within the internal audit function while learning about the business and gaining an internal network which results in opportunities being made available internally for progression.