IT Audit Lead (Integrated Audits)
Purpose and Function:
The IT Lead Auditor is responsible for executing complex audit work and projects utilizing advanced techniques and skills. Specifically, the IT Lead Auditor will be responsible for developing and executing efficient and effective audit plans, ensuring work and documentation completed in accordance with Group Audit methodology, internal audit and other applicable standards, while also acting as a mentor for audit team members. This position requires international travel and reports to IT Audit Director.
- Lead and perform a variety of IT audit reviews, including, Applications, Infrastructure, and Systems Development.
- Perform IT risk assessments by reviewing, documenting, evaluating, and testing general computer controls and application controls
- Lead and perform process risk analyses, prepare process maps and flowcharts, and prepare effective and efficient test plans; prepare and perform audit tests
- Evaluate test results: accurately identify symptoms, root cause, problems, and identify alternative controls.
- Draft reporting documents; may assist in preparation of final audit reports.
- Evaluate the completeness of the auditee’s corrective action plans.
- Addresses issues autonomously as much as possible; elevates issues/concerns as necessary.
- Develop understanding of appropriate business aspects, risks, potential fraud, performance requirements and control processes and systems of auditable activities assigned to audit.
- Execute work following Group’s audit methodology, as well as a familiarity with audit and risk industry standards (e.g. IIA, COSO, COBIT).
- Lead discussions with all levels of management including Senior Leadership
- Develop improvement areas of methodology identifying best practice & areas for process improvement
- Action-oriented and resilient, staying composed and focused under stress. Comfortable with ambiguity and change
- Undertake the presentation of Audit findings to management.
- Prepare presentations, reports and findings at a level that can be understood by the Group Audit Committee, local Audit Committees and local regulators
- Build effective working relationships with audit clients and other departments in order to accomplish departmental and corporate objectives.
- Incorporates analytics and data analysis throughout the execution of the audit to better understand the audit area, identify potential control weaknesses or anomalies, assess the impact of potential weaknesses, and formulate possible solutions.
- Open to candid feedback and continuous learning. Self-assured, but able to acknowledge own faults.
- Coach & mentor to other team members, especially in areas of expertise, supporting in Centers of Excellence development & management
- Good listener and sensitive to others feelings. Respects and relates well to people from varied backgrounds
- Attentive listener and straightforward in written and oral communications
Experience and Skills Requirement:
- Applicants must have experience in integrated audits.
- IT audit experience with concentrations in the financial services, mortgage or banking industries preferred.
- Self-motivated and independent problem solver, thriving on new challenges.
- Ability to independently evaluate and maintain a level of professional skepticism.
- Ability to effectively lead, organize, and supervise the audit team, where required.
- Excellent English written and oral communication skills
- Analytical and problem solving skills
- Bachelor degree in accounting, finance, business administration or other related field of study
- Typically 8-10+ years’ experience in the field of internal audit in a finance/lending related industry preferred;
- Preferred ability to travel internationally 5-10%
- Technical knowledge and experience auditing and/or supporting operating systems (Unix/MS Windows), databases (Oracle and SQL), business applications, or network infrastructure
- Experience in ERP Systems (Oracle ERP R12, SAP) preferred
- Data Analytics ( ACL/IDEA/Arbutus) would be advantages
- Proven ability to excel in a multi-tasking environment
- Working knowledge of COBIT, ITIL or COSO frameworks
- CISA, CIA or CISSP preferred or obtained within one year of joining
Apply for IT Audit Lead (Integrated Audits)
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly
More jobs like this
- £70,000 - £79,999 Financial Services Information / Cyber Security jobs in London (Greater)
- £70,000 - £79,999 Financial Services IT Auditor jobs in London (Greater)
- £70,000 - £79,999 Financial Services IT Audit Senior jobs in London (Greater)
- £70,000 - £79,999 Financial Services IT Audit Manager jobs in London (Greater)