Senior Manager, Government & Public Sector, Southampton
2 days left
EY's Government & Public sector (GPS) Audit practice are one of the largest providers of external audit services in the sector. We want individuals like you to join our diverse and talented team to progress your career with a development path that includes the chance to enhance your sector knowledge, as well as working across our broader Assurance business.
Our team has demonstrated market leading growth consistently over a number of years and has set an ambitious plan for the future. We work with a variety of local and central government organisations including local councils, hospitals and the emergency services and will take on over 100 new engagements in FY16. As well as delivering financial statement audits, the team also produce value for money and grant certification work alongside assurance engagements including internal audit, investigations and governance reviews.
Our work in government and public sector is a key part of EY's purpose; to build a better working world for us all. Everyone in our team believes that individually and collectively we can make that difference in the public sector.
As a GPS Senior Manager, you will:
- Deliver value to the client by providing knowledge, ideas and solutions for improving the business, assess legal implications.
- Secure and enhance relationships with senior client management.
- Assign teams that will meet and exceed the clients' expectations in standards of service and client care.
- Develop and maintain an appropriate external network of business contacts.
- Demonstrate professionalism and competence in all interactions with the client.
- Ensure engagements are executed in accordance with the firm's methodologies and guidance, professional standards, and local legal and regulatory requirements.
- Ensure the technical correctness and presentational standard of all client deliverables.
- Approve engagement budgets and agree fees, where appropriate.
- Lead and coordinate the planning and management of assignments in an effective and efficient manner.
- Manage the delivery of other services to designated clients, where appropriate.
- Liaise with other service lines and other audit managers to ensure efficient utilisation of knowledge and resources to deliver services.
- Manage your audit group and business unit in an efficient manner, minimising the level of debtors and work in progress in the portfolio, and maximising fee opportunities.
- Identify and convert all sales opportunities for Audit and other service lines. Manage risk to the firm by adhering to the risk management policies and procedures.
- Counsel, coach and mentor staff.
- Appraise staff in a constructive and timely manner and ensure all team members do the same.
- Embrace and lead change, motivate colleagues and staff and promote teamwork
- Anticipate client needs, address issues without unnecessary recourse to others
- Manage the execution of Professional Development Plans of team members to build their careers.
- Ensure that the engagement partner is informed about important audit or accounting issues on a timely basis.
In addition to a highly competitive remuneration package you will benefit from:
- Exposure to working with some of the largest and most complex government and public sector entities
- A fast paced and dynamic environment at the cutting edge of technical accounting excellence
- Working in a regional platform fully supported by investment and infrastructure backing our national assurance offering
- Coaching, mentoring and development in both personal and technical skills to help you achieve the most from your career
- Working for an employer where flexible working is fully endorsed and diversity is highly valued
EY are focussed on creating the highest performing teams. In order to qualify you will have:
- At least eight years' relevant external audit experience gained in a Big 4 or equivalent environment
- Thorough expertise in primary accounting frameworks (UK GAAP or IFRS) and in related financial reporting matters
- Proven experience in leading and inspiring teams using Global Audit Methodology to perform engagements in compliance with auditing standards
- Demonstrable experience in client relationship management
- ACA/ACCA/CIPFA qualification (or equivalent) ideally with first time passes
- An Honours degree (or equivalent)
EY is committed to being an inclusive employer and we are happy to consider flexible working arrangements. We strive to achieve the right balance for our people, enabling us to deliver excellent client service whilst allowing you to build your career without sacrificing your personal priorities. While our client-facing professionals can be required to travel regularly, and at times be based at client sites, our flexible working arrangements can help you to achieve a lifestyle balance.