Audit - Financial Services - Senior
Confidence, Collaboration, Impact
We’re extremely proud of the talented professionals that work at Deloitte Ireland and we’re always open to connecting with others interested in joining the team on our growth journey. If you are considering the next opportunity to advance your career journey in a new and challenging environment, we are seeking applications from suitably experienced professionals interested in joining Deloitte.
About the Team
Our Audit practice is a market leading player delivering a range of audit and accounting services to a wide variety of clients, in every business sector. The Audit financial services practice consists of over 200 professionals from richly diverse backgrounds and to date we have achieved significant success in this area. Our audit professionals’ primary focus is adding value to businesses, while applying the highest standards of professional integrity, objectivity, independence and technical excellence.Deloitte's Audit department offers excellent management career opportunities for candidates’ with strong investment management industry experience. We are looking for audit seniors with proven leadership ability and excellent people management skills.
About the Opportunity
The Audit Senior is in charge of planning, organising and controlling the completion of all aspects of the audit engagement for review by the engagement manager and partner.
- Assist with planning of audit, including staffing and deadlines
- Attend Client audit planning meetings
- Prepare financial statements
- Take responsibility for delivery of high quality audit work and the production of excellent working papers and summaries of information
- Plan, control and review the work of the audit team, in particular of the junior staff working with you
- Close all queries raised by manager on audit work papers
- Demonstrate a thorough understanding of complex accounting and auditing concepts, and apply them in practice
- Provide performance feedback to trainees at end of engagement
- Travel to client sites, either in Ireland or internationally
- Work closely with other members of the field teams to identify opportunities for better working practices
- Excellent knowledge of auditing companies in the financial services and banking sectors
- Knowledge of Irish GAAP with working knowledge of IFRS and US GAAP a distinct advantage
- Initiative and ability to work without supervision
- On the job coaching of junior staff
- An ACA or ACCA qualification
- Outstanding communication - both spoken and written, in particular, business report writing
- Strong commitment to professional and client service excellence
- Sound computer literacy; MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
- Experience with computer based auditing systems is advantageous
We are always interested in talking with professionals about their next career experience with Deloitte? If you have a passion for learning from talented people and benefit from the support of a global organisation and network, apply online now.
Apply for Audit - Financial Services - Senior
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly