Actuarial & Reward Analytics - Non-Life Actuary
Confidence, Collaboration and Impact
Deloitte currently has an opportunity for a part-qualified or recently qualified non-life Actuary to join our Actuarial, Reward & Analytics team. The purpose of this role is to provide actuarial advisory services to non-life (re)insurance organisations, banks and clients operating in other industries.
About the Team
Join Deloitte's leading actuarial general insurance practice and apply your skills in projects reaching beyond traditional actuarial boundaries. You'll work with colleagues and clients in Consulting, Corporate Finance, Tax and Audit - exposing you to leading edge actuarial work in a strategic, commercial and business context. Here you'll develop an impressive range of broad consulting and technical skills that will allow you to fast track your career.
Our practice has both breadth and technical depth which is increasingly important in an ever changing market and regulatory landscape. You will be joining a fast growing tea of nine non-life actuaries.
You can expect to be involved in a wide variety of assignments, ranging from working with clients to improving the performance of their business, through M&A, reserving, Solvency II, Business Analytics and other regulatory work.
- Ideally you should have achieved or have the expectation of achieving a minimum of a 2.1 honours standard degree in a mathematical (or related) discipline
- You should be a qualified Actuary with up to five years’ PQE or currently studying towards full qualification
- Excellent analytical skills and problem solving ability
- Highly motivated, with a proven ability to work on own initiative and manage time effectively
- Proficiency in computer languages including SAS, SQL and R would be a strong advantage.
About the Opportunity
Working and managing a broad range of assignments including:
- Pricing for insurance and reinsurance business
- Risk management
- Capital modelling
- Solvency II
- M&A due diligence
- Managing client relationships and acting as liaison with clients on project planning, budgeting and resolving issues
- Contributing to the growth of the practice by networking internally and externally, and playing a significant part in new business proposals and presentations
We love speaking with professionals about their next career move, to Deloitte? If you have a passion for learning from talented people and benefit from the support of a global organisation and network, apply now or contact Niamh Favier via the Apply button for further information.