Internal Audit Manager
A renowned financial services organisation located in Surrey are currently undergoing expansion through acquisition and require an Internal Audit Manager to support the effective delivery of the Group Internal Audit Plan. The Internal Audit Manager will lead granular reviews across the entire Audit Universe and over the whole of the audit lifecycle effectively and where necessary challenging the work completed and feed this back in a way that adds value to the final audit product. A key area this role will cover will be Solvency II.
- Ensure the timely completion of the annual Group Internal Audit Plan and the provision of appropriate and valuable assurance.
- Utilise knowledge and experience of Auditing (including Solvency II) to provide a robust review and challenge across all audits and provide a clear direction to ensure all audits are undertaken in line with Group methodology and that maximum value is achieved.
- Responsibility for the management of two key Internal Audit tools (MKI and SharePoint),
- Ascertain the reliability of information systems examined (input, processing and output) and independently assess whether the systems examined comply with relevant regulations, accounting principles, appropriate financial controls, and established company policies and procedures.
- To be proactive in supporting the business in the development of their current control framework to maximise its effectiveness in a cost efficient way. Additionally, the individual will look at developing wider controls that supports the business in managing more strategic and thematic risks e.g. financial crime. Skills, Knowledge, Experience and Competence
Skills & Experience
- Professional audit or accountancy qualification - CIMA, ACA, ACCA, CMIIA, QiCA or CISA.
- Demonstrable experience in performing a wide breadth of audits (experience of Financial Services would be an advantage) ideally within Big 4 environment. Experience of auditing within a Solvency II environment is advantageous.
- An advanced knowledge of risk-based Internal Audit procedures, including planning, techniques, testing and sampling methods and an understanding of the requirements set out in the IIA’s Standards for the Professional Practice of Internal Auditing.
- Excellent verbal, written communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to present complex concepts in a clear and concise manner.
- Excellent analytical skills with the ability to understand the wider concept.
- Ambitious, self-motivated with an ability to work on own initiative and as part of a team.
- Strong and demonstrable Leadership and Influencing skills.
- Effective team player with the ability to motivate and coach to achieve the best from individuals.
- Excellent Stakeholder management skills with the ability to be able to influence at all levels.
- Ability to assimilate and evaluate overall business and commercial issues; advocating the value of control in a pragmatic way, demonstrates flexibility, realism and practicality.
For further information and to register your interest in this challenging and career enhancing Internal Audit Manager opportunity please do apply with your full CV details.