Workday, Consultant (Senior Associate)
We’re one of the world’s leading professional services organisations. From 158 countries, we help our clients, some of the most successful organisations on the globe, as well as its most dynamic entrepreneurs and thriving private businesses, to create the value they want. We help to measure, protect and enhance the things that matter most to them.
We help organisations and the people who run them answer the big business questions. How should we raise finance? Where should we be based? How should we reward our people? With some 3,300 experts whose expertise covers every conceivable area of taxation, we’re one of the UK’s leading tax practices.
In response to market demand and rapid growth in our HR SaaS business, we are expanding our team and are looking to recruit a number of Workday Consultants to support a range of exciting projects for our UK and global clients, based in our Embankment Place Office in London.
Whilst preference will be given to candidates in possession of current Workday certification (Workday 21 or later), we are also interested in candidates who are keen to join the Workday team as we offer comprehensive Workday training and certification.
About the team
This is an extremely exciting opportunity to join our team in the fast growing HR Software as a Service market.
We are passionate in our belief that successful HR Technology implementations provide most value when addressed in conjunction with people, process, and organisation activities. This role sits within our Human Resource Management (HRM) consulting team who advise clients on a range of strategic HR issues, including HR technology and HR SaaS, organisation design, HR implications of business transformation, HR function effectiveness, performance management, workforce planning, talent management and employee relations. So as a key member of the HRM team you will be working with colleagues across the full range of PwC services, presenting the opportunity to develop and grow new skills.
About the role
Our Workday Consultants help with organising and defining the implementation strategies to improve the effectiveness of technology across the entire HR function and you’ll have the opportunity to work on a variety of related consulting projects, as well as receiving any required training.
- Implementation readiness preparation, and other client-side advice and management
- Deployment of Workday for our clients, including design, configuration, testing, and data activities
- Using your business analysis skills to identify and document client requirements, and determine HR system and data strategies
- Providing project and programme management services to clients
- Using your HR and HR systems knowledge to identify the key issues for our clients undergoing change in HR or related people and technology processes.
- Acting as an ambassador for PwC when taking propositions into our clients.
- Working at all levels within the client's organisation from CEO and Directors to the HR team and be able to gain immediate credibility, adapting your style to suit the audience.
Essential skills and experience
You will be a highly-motivated professional, ideally from a professional services background. Your skills and experience will include:
- A demonstrable history of working on the project lifecycle for technology driven HR Transformation projects.
- Previous background in HR Software as-a Service implementation
- Workday Certification and experience, particularly in Absence, Benefits, or Compensation
- Advanced skills in MSOffice, especially Excel and must have worked on large volumes of data.
- Strong communication, presentation and relationship building skills.
- A flexible approach, adapting your style to be successful working with both small and large clients.
- Must provide excellent customer service to internal as well as external clients.
- HR functional knowledge and detailed understanding of at least one aspect of the HR Employee proposition and lifecycle.
- Demonstrable specialist skills, for example proven business analysis techniques, organisation design, HR technology specification and/or implementation.
- Willingness to travel
- Commercially focused.
- Relevant international experience would be valuable but not essential.