Audit Senior/AM, GPS, Birmingham
Our team has demonstrated market leading growth consistently over a number of years and has set an ambitious plan for the future. We work with a variety of local and central government organisations including local councils, hospitals and the emergency services and will take on over 100 new engagements in FY16. As well as delivering financial statement audits, the team also produce value for money and grant certification work alongside assurance engagements including internal audit, investigations and governance reviews.
As a GPS Audit executive you will:
- Execute Client Audits with appropriate consideration of audit risk issues and technical accounting matters.
- Complete fieldwork on client sites to ensure delivery of the Audit process
- Work closely with other teams and service lines as required to help ensure the smooth delivery of client services.
- Remain informed about technical and regulatory accounting change ensuring quality throughout delivery of all services
- Act as a role model for more junior members of the team, providing on-the-job coaching.
In addition to a highly competitive remuneration package you will benefit from:
- Exposure to working with some of the largest and most complex government and public sector entities.
- A fast paced and dynamic environment at the cutting edge of technical accounting excellence.
- Working in a regional platform fully supported by investment and infrastructure backing our national assurance offering.
- Coaching, mentoring and development in both personal and technical skills to help you achieve the most from your career.
Working for an employer where flexible working is fully endorsed and diversity is highly valued. EY is committed to being an inclusive employer and we are happy to consider flexible working arrangements. We strive to achieve the right balance for our people, enabling us to deliver excellent client service whilst allowing you to build your career without sacrificing your personal priorities. While our client-facing professionals can be required to travel regularly, and at times be based at client sites, our flexible working arrangements can help you to achieve a lifestyle balance.