Manager, Financial Services Extended Assurance
The current regulatory environment is driving significant changes to all firms' internal processes, for example through enhanced risk management frameworks or additional reporting requirements. The processes require a broader set of controls than those traditionally used for financial statement reporting, including the requirement to address a wider suite of risks.
We have therefore recently launched Extended Assurance as part of our Financial Services Assurance practice to provide ongoing assurance to regulators, management and directors on the execution, governance and controls around processes that do not impact the financial statements.
What you will do:
- Work on the execution of a variety of assignments across a broad range of clients in the Financial Services sector. Examples of recent projects include CASS remedition work, reviews of risk management frameworks, assessment of regulatory required productions (e.g. ICAAP / ILAAP documents) and supporting firms with their implementation of upcoming regulation (e.g. Senior Managers Regime / CRD IV);
- Have a keen interest and understanding of the UK regulatory environment (PRA / FCA), including the objectives of the Regulators and how this will impact our clients;
- Work in teams, with responsibility for the overall execution of smaller projects and / or individual components of larger projects, under the guidance and direction of Managers, Directors and Partners;
- Be flexible in your working style to encompass working both in the office, as well as client site, with preparedness to travel;
- Use expertise in assurance and other EY standardised methodologies to perform engagements in compliance with the firm's and industry expectations
EY is committed to being an inclusive employer and we are happy to consider flexible working arrangements. We strive to achieve the right balance for our people, enabling us to deliver excellent client service whilst allowing you to build your career without sacrificing your personal priorities. While our client-facing professionals can be required to travel regularly, and at times be based at client sites, our flexible working arrangements can help you to achieve a lifestyle balance.