Senior, FS Extended Assurance, Leeds/Manchester
5 days left
EY's Financial Services practice is currently undergoing exciting change. The business is rapidly growing and we are expanding our teams across the UK, in London, Edinburgh, Glasgow, Manchester, Leeds and Bristol. This growth offers great opportunities for learning and progression.
Our Banking and Capital Markets Extended Assurance team aims to provide confidence to our clients and their stakeholders through the rigorous independent assessment of process and controls. This is done through the appropriate use of assurance skills, robust audit and other methodologies coupled with industry insight in the Financial Services market.
Because of the diversity of our team's specialisms, and the increasing demand from clients to provide assurance over non-financial statement items, we are working with a number of clients on a number of topics, for example: financial benchmarks, client money, governance and the Senior Managers Regime, regulatory reporting and assurance, front-to-back controls, and financial crime.
What we are looking for:
- We are looking for assurance professionals, which are likely to be ACA, ACCA, CIMA, US CPA or CA qualified, who have a strong background in Financial Services. Candidates should have experience of working in assurance, risk and / or controls projects either as an auditor / advisor or within industry. We are looking for people with banking and capital markets front to back controls knowledge, with particular interest in regulatory & prudential reporting and Client Money processing and reporting.
- Knowledge and experience of working in a dynamic, demanding environment is essential. First-hand experience of working cross cultures / geographies will be beneficial.
- Individuals who are able to demonstrate intellect, drive and focus, and the ability to succeed at EY
Join us and you'll work in a rapidly growing team on challenging projects and accelerate your career within an international and supportive team. You'll also be introduced to career challenges that will take you into exciting new professional territory.
Your goal will be to help clients achieve their potential - and you can expect to do the same. As part of a supportive team, you'll have the opportunity to progress and build knowledge that will make a difference to your CV - and to your entire career.
What you will do:
- Work on the execution of a variety of projects, including non-financial statement audits (Libor, Client Money), regulatory driven reviews (including those performed under the UK FSMA 2000 s166 regime), regulatory reporting assurance, general business process and controls advice, as well as trading book financial remediation;
- Work in complex multi-disciplinary teams, with responsibility for the overall execution of smaller projects and / or individual components of larger projects, under the guidance and direction of Managers, Directors and Partners. This will be done by drawing technical assurance, including accounting and regulatory framework, and industry knowledge as appropriate;
- Be flexible in your working style to encompass working both in the office, as well as client site, and potentially requiring international travel.
- Use expertise in assurance methodologies to perform engagements in compliance with the firm's and industry standards;
- Coach other team members, share experiences, share knowledge and generate new ideas with them.
Desired Skills & Experience:
- Professional qualification, either in practice (ACA/ ACCA /US CPA/CIMA or equivalent international qualification) or an equivalent in industry
- Degree qualified, ideally with a 2:1 or equivalent;
- External audit or internal controls / audit experience;
- Background in financial services, either working with financial services clients in an Assurance capacity or in industry with a blue chip employer;
- Particular industry specialism experience preferably in Banking & Capital Markets.
- Experience of Risk Assurance projects including Prudential Reporting (BoE/PRA, FCA), Client Money Reviews (CASS); Anti-Money Laundering is beneficial
EY is committed to being an inclusive employer and we are happy to consider flexible working arrangements. We strive to achieve the right balance for our people, enabling us to deliver excellent client service whilst allowing you to build your career without sacrificing your personal priorities. While our client-facing professionals can be required to travel regularly, and at times be based at client sites, our flexible working arrangements can help you to achieve a lifestyle balance.