IT Audit Senior
Purpose and function of job
Responsible for assessing IT process risks, reviewing and documenting business processes, identifying and evaluating the design of controls and risks, designing, executing and documenting audit tests, and making initial determination about reportable issues. During the audit process, coordinate and complete work in accordance with the Group's Audit methodology, internal audit and other applicable standards, ensuring the achievement of proposed deadlines. This position requires international travel and reports to the IT Audit Director.
- Coordinate a variety of integrated and pure technical audits (like Infrastructure, IT security, ERPs and System developments), including discussions with Senior Leadership
- Independently perform risk assessments by reviewing, documenting, evaluating, and testing general computer controls and application controls
- Coordinate and review IT process risk analyses, prepare process maps and flowcharts, and prepare effective and efficient test plans; prepare and perform audit tests
- Review test results: accurately identify symptoms, root cause, problems, and identify alternative controls.
- Draft reporting preparation; may assist in preparation of final audit reports.
- Evaluate the completeness of the corrective action plans provided by management
- Addresses issues autonomously as much as possible; elevates issues/concerns as necessary.
- Communicate audit results to higher-level management.
- Develop understanding of appropriate IT aspects, risks, potential fraud, performance requirements and control processes and systems of auditable activities assigned to audit.
- Develops business relationships and works co-operatively with other departments.
- Action-oriented and resilient, staying composed and focused under stress. Comfortable with ambiguity and change
- Occasionally lead smaller audit projects and teams
- Assist in establishing audit center of excellence for assigned areas
- To ensure ongoing adherence to all relevant compliance regulations that may govern the business and complete all regulatory knowledge training where applicable in a timely fashion
- Miscellaneous duties as assigned.
Experience and skills requirements
- Experience of being involved in integrated audits.
- Working knowledge of COBIT, ITIL or COSO frameworks and IIA requirements preferred
- Able to understand risk and control concepts
- Proven ability to excel in a multi-tasking environment
- Detail-oriented, deadline driven, self-directed and organized individual
- Proficient in English (required) with a secondary language of German, Spanish or Portuguese (advantage)
- Analytical & problem solving skills
- Comfortable performing audits remotely
- IT audit experience with concentrations in the financial services, mortgage or banking industries preferred
- Technical knowledge and experience auditing and/or supporting, ITGC, Operating Systems (Unix/MS Windows), Databases (Oracle and SQL), or Network infrastructure preferred
- Experience in ERP Systems (Oracle ERP R12, SAP) would be beneficial
- CISA, CIA or CISSP preferred or obtained within one year of joining
- Data analytics tool experience would be beneficial (Arbutus/ACL/IDEA)
- Typically 5 - 10 years of technology audit experience with concentrations in the financial services or banking industries preferred
- Bachelor degree in finance, information systems or other related field of study
- Ability to travel internationally 20-30%
Apply for IT Audit Senior
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly