Compliance Monitoring Officer
Co-op Insurance is changing. And it’s changing fast. We’re investing in our future, and the people who’ll shape its direction. We’re looking to recruit a talented Compliance Monitoring Officer to join our team. It is a fantastic opportunity to make an impact on the customer journey through effectively mitigating risk. If you can support our growth through improving the journey for our customers, we can offer you the chance to develop yourself and build a career with a business which puts people at the heart of its strategy.
As a Compliance Monitoring Officer at Co-op Insurance you’ll support Co-op Insurance with eliminating any risk in the customer journey, making sure that customer outcomes are fair and appropriate. You’ll be making sure that we remain within the defined risk appetite and policy by conducting reviews, influencing colleagues on 2nd line of defence issues.
What you’ll do
- Support the development of the annual monitoring plan and conduct approximately 8 reviews per year
- Identify any risk issues and escalate these to the relevant stakeholders, monitoring the action plans which are then put in place to address this risk
- Build relationships with stakeholders across both the operations, executive teams and external organisations whilst building your presence as a subject matter expert for monitoring
- Produce MI and establish excellent regulatory monitoring and reporting systems
- Contribute positively to a risk based culture including coaching and influencing colleagues to take personal accountability
To be successful as a Compliance Monitoring Officer you’ll have 2nd line experience with multiple years’ experience working in a business regulated by the FCA. You’ll be an expert in monitoring risk and compliance. If you have a regulatory or risk based qualification that would be a bonus. Of course you’ll be great at collating and presenting reports of high quality and accuracy too.
What you’ll bring
- 2nd line experience whilst working within an organisation regulated by the FCA
- A regulatory or risk related qualification preferably
- Experience collating reports of both high quality and accuracy
- Excellent communication skills across a variation of stakeholder groups including executive and board level colleagues
- The ability to manage your time effectively and work to deadlines
- Confidence to work independently and self-drive
If you can help us grow our business, we can offer you a whole world of opportunity. As well as a competitive salary and some brilliant benefits, you’ll get the chance to develop your skills and progress your career with a business that puts people at the heart of its strategy. We’re going on an amazing journey.
We’re going back to being Co-op
172 years ago a group of businessmen in Rochdale created an idea that changed the world. They believed that when people work together, they’re stronger. And that principles are just as important as profits. They were pioneers. And they left us a legacy that’s never been more important or relevant than it is today.
That’s why we’re going back to being Co-op. We want to change the world all over again, and we hope you’d like to join us on our journey. So, if you believe in our purpose, and are passionate about building your career, join us and make a real contribution to the revival of an iconic British brand.