EY - Extended Assurance - Manager
We have recently launched Extended Assurance as part of our Financial Services Assurance practice to provide ongoing assurance to regulators, management and directors on the execution, governance and controls around processes that do not impact the financial statements. We have expanded our service to support the strategic growth of our regional FS practices and are now looking to further build the team based in Bristol and serving The South West & Wales region.
EY's Financial Services Extended Assurance team works with clients to provide assurance that an organisation's business activities are operating effectively in addressing these challenges. This is done through the appropriate use of assurance skills, robust audit and other methodologies coupled with industry insight in the Financial Services market.
What we are looking for:
- We are looking for assurance professionals, which are likely to be ACA, ACCA, CIMA, US CPA or CA qualified, who have a strong background in Financial Services. Candidates should have experience of working in assurance, risk and / or controls projects either as an auditor / advisor or within industry. We are looking for people with cross sector front to back controls knowledge, with particular interest in regulatory and prudential reporting.
- Knowledge and experience of working in a dynamic, demanding environment is essential. First-hand experience of working cross cultures / geographies will be beneficial.
- Join us and you'll work in a rapidly growing team on challenging projects and accelerate your career within an international and supportive team. You'll also be introduced to career challenges that will take you into exciting new professional territory.
What you will do:
Join EY's EMEIA Financial Services as an Extended Assurance professional and you will be expected to:
- Work on the execution of a variety of projects, including non-financial statement audits, regulatory driven reviews (including those performed under the UK FSMA 2000 s166 regime), regulatory reporting assurance, general business process and controls advice, as well as trading book financial remediation.
- Be flexible in your working style to encompass working both in the office, as well as at client site. UK and potentially international travel, may be required.
- Use expertise in assurance methodologies to perform engagements in compliance with the firm's and industry standards.
EY is committed to being an inclusive employer and we are happy to consider flexible working arrangements. We strive to achieve the right balance for our people, enabling us to deliver excellent client service whilst allowing you to build your career without sacrificing your personal priorities. While our client-facing professionals can be required to travel regularly, and at times be based at client sites, our flexible working arrangements can help you to achieve a lifestyle balance.