Internal Auditor - Insurance
Leading insurance business based in Sevenoaks is looking for an internal auditor to join a growing function. The audit function sits within the Business Assurance Team which also includes a Compliance Division so you will work very closely with members of these team.
If you are from a Finance Auditing background you will need to have audited insurance clients in order to understand FCA.
The role is to assist the Head of Internal Audit to include audit rolling plan, individual audit assignments and periodic reporting.
Key areas of responsibility:
- Review the effectiveness and efficiency of operational processes.
- Plan and scope risk based reviews with Senior Management approval as per the agreed Audit Plan.
- Evaluate compliance with policies and procedures and prepare reports presenting key findings, making recommendations and documenting management action plans.
- Undertake follow-up reviews on agreed actions to provide assurance to the Audit & Risk Committee.
- To undertake other reasonable responsibilities and projects as required by the Business Assurance Team;
- Experience of reviewing and analysing operational processes.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, including good presentation and report writing skills.
- An analytical and problem solving mind-set with good attention to detail
- Knowledge of General Insurance industry
- Qualified or part qualified and actively studying towards a relevant CCAB qualification, ACCA or CIMA.
- Education to degree level or equivalent;
- Sound business acumen.