Audit Senior/Assistant Manager
6 days left
EY Edinburgh's Financial Services practice is currently undergoing exciting change. The business is rapidly growing and we are expanding our teams. This growth offers great opportunities for learning and progression.
As an auditor at EY, your main aim will be to provide independent verification of our clients' compliance with accounting principles. By doing so, you will play an important role in helping businesses accurately reflect their financial picture and, in turn, protect the financial markets.
As an audit professional here you will be part of a multidisciplinary team focused on providing services to your clients as they respond to regulatory reform, manage the capital life cycle and improve business operations.
What you will do:
- Take ownership for the delivery of high quality audit work
- Perform audit procedures in complex areas, developing your technical competence.
- Deliver excellent service, as the primary day-to-day contact for the client.
- Supervise the execution of technical audit areas
- Demonstrate professional scepticism and compliance with our risk management and independence policies
- Demonstrate expertise in primary accounting frameworks, related financial reporting matters and applying our Global Audit Methodology to perform engagements in accordance with auditing and assurance standards
- Develop yourself and others through both seeking and offering on-the-job coaching and knowledge sharing
- Challenge yourself to use new audit approaches, tools and enablers and drive efficiencies through effective project management
- Build strong credibility through displaying relevant insight and business acumen in discussions with clients and applying technical competence
- Build relationships across other EY service lines and seek opportunities to work together for the benefit of our clients
- Degree qualified
- ACA/ CA/ ACCA (ICAEW, ICAS, Irish Institute or equivalent international qualification)
- Proven experience in delivering external audit
- Loan loss provisioning experience
- Relevant external audit experience in Banking and Capital Markets
EY is committed to being an inclusive employer and we are happy to consider flexible working arrangements. We strive to achieve the right balance for our people, enabling us to deliver excellent client service whilst allowing you to build your career without sacrificing your personal priorities. While our client-facing professionals can be required to travel regularly, and at times be based at client sites, our flexible working arrangements can help you to achieve a lifestyle balance.