Audit Manager - Wealth and Asset Management
EY is committed to doing its part in building a better working world for our people and in doing so, we play a critical role in attracting and retaining our future leaders of tomorrow.
By 2020, we will be a US$50 billion distinctive professional services organization that delivers on our promises to stakeholders through exceptional client service. There couldn't be a better time to join us and be a part of our ambitious growth plans.
To provide support to the team in efficiency and productivity of managing an engagement, demonstrating strong commercial awareness that consists of the latest industry knowledge and trends.
Your client responsibilities:
- Demonstrate the ability to effectively manage the Audit process with appropriate consideration of audit risk issues and accounting technical matters.
- Demonstrate the ability to lead and manage fieldwork on clients sites including liaising with other departments to ensure the smooth delivery of the Audit process.
- Demonstrate Business Development skills and identify additional sales opportunities
- Demonstrate an application and solution-based approach to problem solving, referred to for research on delivery of solutions in that field on client assignments
- Demonstrate expertise in primary accounting frameworks (UK GAAP or IFRS) and in related financial reporting matters
- Demonstrate expertise in using GAM to perform an assurance engagement in compliance with auditing standards
- Identify areas requiring improvement in the clients business processes and possible recommendations and prepare and deliver Management Letter to be provided to the client
Your people responsibilities:
- Demonstrate the ability to influence, change and shape the direction of a particular activity, either internally and/or externally
- Coach other less experienced staff through sharing experience and knowledge appropriately.
- Contribute to effective team work in internal engagement situations.
- Provide on-the-job training for developing auditing skills and familiarity with the firm's audit methodology
Experience / Additional qualifications:
- ACA/ CA/ ACCA (ICAEW, ICAS, Irish Institute or equivalent international qualification) - preferably first time passes
- 4-5 years post qualified experience
- Relevant Financial Services industry experience - in particular, significant experience within the Asset Management industry
EY is committed to being an inclusive employer and we are happy to consider flexible working arrangements. We strive to achieve the right balance for our people, enabling us to deliver excellent client service whilst allowing you to build your career without sacrificing your personal priorities. While our client-facing professionals can be required to travel regularly, and at times be based at client sites, our flexible working arrangements can help you to achieve a lifestyle balance.