Senior Internal Auditor
Our London based client has had over 30 years' experience of successfully supporting the payments industry- a key element of the financial services sector. Over the past few decades this organisation has supported the implementation of game changing projects in order to deliver world leading innovation in the payments arena. The company prides itself on its stakeholder- focused, ethical and accountable nature.
We are supporting this London based Service company in the recruitment of a Senior Internal Auditor. Our client maintains a centralised Internal Audit function in order to provide independent assurance services to a number of entities and schemes.
The Internal Audit function comprises ad Head of Internal Audit and three Senior Internal Auditors including this role. Specialist external resource is engaged on an as needed basis.
The Senior Internal Auditor has responsibility for performing audit assignments in accordance with the Internal Audit manual as well as supporting the Head of Internal Audit and Senior Internal Audit Manager:
Core responsibilities include:
- Understanding and documenting processes, risk and controls in business areas to be audited.
- Drawing up Internal Audit assignment Terms of Reference and planning internal audit work prior to commencement.
- Evaluating the adequacy and effectiveness of internal controls by performing audit testing.
- Drafting clear and concise IA reports
- Work collaboratively with other internal and external assurance providers as well as engaging with stakeholders to develop and strengthen relationships in order to positively influence change.
To be short-listed for the Senior Internal Auditor position, you require:
- Proven post qualification experience (3-5 years) in the delivery of Internal Audit assignments ideally in the Financial Services sector
- Successful track record in Audit assignment execution
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Prioritisation and time management skills