Oracle Senior Associate - Risk Assurance - Leeds / Manchester
Who we’re looking for
The Risk Assurance North team is looking for an Oracle Senior Associate (a grade below Manager) to join our growing team. In joining us you will be part of a unique client proposition, assisting our clients understand and challenge the extent to which their company’s systems, processes, controls and people assist or inhibit their strategies to operate efficiently and effectively and generate value.
Our clients work in many industries and in many locations – you will spend the majority of your time working at client sites. We are looking for someone with experience of the Oracle E-Business Suite and an understanding of Oracle processes. The candidate should have some basic SQL skills. Knowledge of Oracle Fusion Cloud Financials will be desirable but not necessary.
This role provides an excellent opportunity to work in a growing team within our Risk Assurance practice. Our projects are typically shorter than ERP implementations, so if you have developed your Oracle functional skills but want to focus on advising clients on high value projects and initiatives, working with a broader range of clients and on a broader range of projects, this could be the right role for you.
The role has arisen due to a growing demand in the market, particularly around Oracle EBS and Cloud project and controls assurance. Our team works nationally and you are likely to get exposure to other parts of the firm, including our Consulting and Audit practices.
This role presents an excellent opportunity for progression for the right candidate, with development opportunities around Oracle and broader business skills.
We are looking for an extremely motivated individual who will relish this business development opportunity, using their skills in developing key relationships. You will work with the Oracle team reporting to a Manager/Senior Manager to deliver Oracle related work to our clients. Work will include:
- Delivering pre and post implementation reviews of Oracle security and controls (both manual and configurable/automated controls);
- Delivering audit support Oracle security and controls reviews, feeding findings/implications back to audit teams;
- Helping clients design and implement their Oracle security and control environments during implementation;
- Helping clients to optimise their use of Oracle functionality;
- Helping to build the Oracle/ERP practice in the North; and
- Leading teams of junior/less experienced practitioners to complete the above work.
You will receive appropriate training for the engagements that you will undertake and coaching on engagements, although it is anticipated that you will be in a position to coach junior team members in these areas without requiring significant coaching yourself. PwC is an Oracle Diamond Partner and you will have access to a wide range of resources to develop yourself in the upcoming Oracle technologies.
Essential skills needed for the role
The following skills are required for this role:
- Sufficient experience of the Oracle E-Business Suite and a demonstrable understanding of core Oracle Financials processes;
- Enthusiasm about Oracle and its solutions, along with drive to develop new propositions to meet client challenges;
- In-depth knowledge of Oracle EBS user access and security;
- Commitment to professional and personal development;
- The ability to work within a team;
- The ability to work effectively in the face of pressure and not compromise professional standards;
- Strong communication skills – particularly around explaining complex technical issues to non-technical people, such as PwC audit managers or client contacts;
- Experience of writing SQL code; and
- An ability to assess process and project risk.
Desirable skills sought for the role
- Experience of implementing Oracle R12;
- Knowledge of Oracle Fusion Cloud Financials;
- Knowledge of Oracle GRC Advanced Controls solutions and experience of implementing them; and
- Knowledge of Oracle Database and Oracle reporting technologies.