North - G&PS Assurance Senior Associate - Leeds/ Manchester
We’re one of the world’s leading professional services organisations. From 158 countries, we help our clients, some of the most successful organisations on the globe, as well as its most dynamic entrepreneurs and thriving private businesses, to create the value they want. We help to measure, protect and enhance the things that matter most to them.
Assurance is a dynamic place to be right now, and the variety of opportunities on offer is unprecedented. It’s work that really does matter. It matters for businesses, governments and society at large. Our team provides confidence on the most complex decisions companies have to take and this provides a wealth of opportunities to everyone who joins us and works with us.
Who we are looking for
We are growing our Risk Assurance business across the North of England and looking to recruit senior associates across the region to support our Government and Public Sector(G&PS) team.
We are well placed within the UK firm to provide you with plenty of opportunity to develop and progress your own career. This close knit community means that you ’will have more face to face interaction with Partners and Directors whilst having a varied and challenging portfolio of clients.
About the role
Joining as a Senior Associate, you will work in teams of varying size. You are likely to work across a range of different sectors and you can expect to be involved in a variety of interesting and challenging work.
The role will be based in Leeds or Manchester and the role will require an element of travel
Your responsibilities will include:
- Providing audit and business advice to a variety of clients
- Building and maintaining strong relationships with new and established clients
- Working as part of a team, liaising with both client and other specialist staff in the practice to provide high quality client services
- Providing an on-site coordination role for audit clients including the coaching and training of junior staff
- Supervising teams and reporting directly to senior staff and client
- Working as part of our business development strategy team in the local marketplace and taking responsibility for developing your own personal network both internally and externally
- Amount of time office based: 30-40%
- Amount of time at client sites: 60-70%
- Need to travel/overnight stays away from home: Yes
- Opportunity for flexible working (hours)?: No
- Opportunity for working from home?: Occasionally
- Opportunity for job sharing?: No
We are seeking candidates with the following skills and qualifications:
- ACA / ACCA qualified or equivalent
- Extensive experience within Government and Public sectors is essential
- Experience of audit work from the planning stages onwards
- Flexibility in your approach to meeting goals as part of the team
- Ability to communicate clearly with colleagues and clients at all levels
- A proven track record of establishing and maintaining strong relationships
- A proactive approach to problem solving and delivering client solutions
- You will have experience of interacting with clients at all levels and developing/maintaining business relationships, ideally in government & public sector although private sector experience will also be considered
- Candidates will also be required to demonstrate an awareness of Business Development activities and how they could contribute to such initiatives
- A reasonable degree of flexibility in relation to travel will be expected to serve the regional nature of our client base