Internal Auditor - Home Based
A market leading, blue chip Automotive / Motor Group require a Home Based Internal Auditor
to provide a combination of financial and operational audit reviews. This will provide assurance that the business is operating in a controlled and ethical manner, meeting all legal and regulatory requirements.
As an Internal Auditor, your role will be to hold the business and the finance team to account, and act as the compliance ‘eyes and ears’ of the Executive Board & Audit Committee. Responsibilities include:
- Reviewing the group financial statements, assets, procedures and controls within the legal entities constituting the Motor Group.
- Ensuring that there is an effective training programme in place for employees in need of help.
- Ensuring that the group is not in breach of governmental, environmental and regulatory legislation.
- Identifying and report any suspected fraudulent practises perpetrated by employees, customers or manufacturers.
- Producing written reports with findings and recommendations in a timely manner to assist the decision making of directors and managers.
- Reviewing and re-performing were necessary Balance sheet reconciliation’s, identifying any financial risks, procedural breakdowns and non-compliance to group policies.
- Performing Procedural and Operational reviews of all departments within the dealerships, Head Office and Corporate locations
- To conduct checks on various regulatory aspects both internal and external i.e. Human resources, Risk Management (security & Insurance), FCA Controls, Taxation Controls and manufacturer requirements.
- Give on the spot training to employees as required or recommend suitable training initiatives.
- Produce timely written audit reports for distribution to directors and management containing findings and recommendations.
- To offer advice and guidance on company procedures and policies and assist with the upkeep of the Financial Control Manual.
Skills & Experience
- Automotive sector, Autoline, Motor Trade or Dealership experience.
- A solid understanding of audit procedures and methodology.
- A solid understanding of GAAP (IFRS and UK GAAP).
- Good report writing and presentation skills.
- Gravitas and confidence to handle challenging situations with senior management.
- Excellent spoken and written communication skills are a must as well as the potential to influence decisions at all levels to really make a difference to our business.
- The position is a Home Based role with a full EU driving licence as up to 50% national travel will be required in this role.
This is an outstanding home based internal audit position with a market leading Automotive organisation offering excellent career promotion opportunities. An organisation that believes that by identifying your potential and investing in your future, you will be able to develop skills and gain the experience that will enhance your career prospects.In addition to receiving a competitive salary, you will also have access to a range of other benefits including performance related commission/bonus scheme, company car, fuel benefits, private medical scheme, childcare voucher scheme, vehicle and cycle to work purchase schemes, preferential service rates, pension scheme and life assurance, for further information please do apply with your full CV details.
More jobs like this
- £50,000 - £59,999 Automotive & Aviation Internal Auditor jobs in Homeworking
- £50,000 - £59,999 Automotive & Aviation Internal Audit Senior jobs in Homeworking
- £50,000 - £59,999 Automotive & Aviation Internal Audit Manager jobs in Homeworking
- £50,000 - £59,999 Automotive & Aviation Internal Controls jobs in Homeworking