Business Resilience Senior Associate - Risk Assurance - Leeds
PwC’s Risk Assurance practice in the North is looking for a Senior Associate to help us develop and deliver high quality controls audits and risk and compliance reviews to a wide range of clients across a number of industries. In joining us you will be part of a unique client proposition, assisting our clients understand and challenge the extent to which their systems, processes and people assist or inhibit their strategies to generate value.
As a credible candidate you will have developed core skills in a wide range of disciplines including process and risk evaluation and project governance. Our people are expected to be capable of applying these core skills in a variety of business situations and industries and as a Senior Associate you will be expected to be able to work in teams or independently to scope and deliver work.
In addition to your technical skills, you will have proven capabilities in developing relationships, building trust in new contacts and demonstrating that such trust is justified by delivering into the longer term.
The role can be based in Leeds or Manchester although there will be travel, primarily across the Northern region.
Your main duties and responsibilities will be:
- Junior managing a diverse client portfolio reporting to the Manager and Partner/ Director Groups;
- Managing and building day-to-day client relationships;
- Managing junior staff and taking on coaching responsibilities; and
- Contributing to development of new business relationships and business proposals.
Below are some of the types of work you could be involved in if you join Risk Assurance:
- Internal Audit Services. We provide internal audit support to a number of clients via co-sourcing (where we work alongside their internal audit team) or outsourcing arrangements (where we deliver the entire internal audit programme for the year). We also provide training and advisory services to Internal Audit functions such as reviewing the effectiveness of an Internal Audit Function.
- Business Resilience. In an environment where business is increasingly complex, we are seeing more breakdowns in our client’s control environments which can lead to regulatory pressures or financial loss. The dynamism and experience our practice has with controls allows us to work with clients who have had breakdowns in their control environment to understand the root cause of the failures in their business process or technology environment so we can work with them to design procedures and controls that need to be implemented to prevent such failures from happening again. We also work with our clients to assist them in enhancing their control environments which can include developing integrated risk and control frameworks or providing testing capability.
The following skills are required for this role:
- Have a relevant professional qualification (i.e. ACA, CISA, CIA).
- A proven track record of experience in the Risk Assurance areas described above.
- Experience in working in Internal Audit or Compliance functions in industry or through professional services.
- Be output focused and able to work autonomously without day-to-day supervision.
- Be experienced in coaching and developing other members of staff.
- Specific experience of risk management and governance across industries.
- Experience in working in risk management function.
- Specific experience in compliance & regulation across industries
- Have the ability to develop client relationships.
- Be able to demonstrate that you are comfortable leading teams and willing to proactively contribute to the team.