Audit Business Partner
As part of the Group Enterprise Risk and Audit team, you'll provide independent, objective assurance on the effectiveness of internal controls across Thomas Cook to the Audit Committee. The Audit Business Partner will lead audits to deliver effective assurance over Thomas Cook business processes and the control environment and act as a business partner to the management team in implementing change.
- Assist the Group Head of Audit in strategic, financial, IT and operational audits across different segments of the business
- Undertake all aspects of audit planning to include initial communication with auditee, pre-fieldwork preparation, terms of reference, development of risk and control matrices
- Execute risk based approach to internal audit to include all aspects of on-site fieldwork, reporting of audit findings and conclusions and completion of audit/management reporting
- Completion of audit working papers detailing results of testing, and to support all findings and conclusions reached in audit work.
- Accountable to communicate audit results and performance on all areas of work to the Group Head of Audit, the Director of Enterprise Risk and Audit and other senior leaders of the business.
- Work jointly with the Business in developing recommendations and plans for remediation.
- Communicate and track findings to senior management to ensure that control findings are understood and resolved in a timely fashion.
- Perform post transaction reviews/audits and oversee audit resource teams.
What we're looking for
You'll have experience of delivering internal audits for large and complex multi-national organisations. work as part of a team in bringing a systematic approach to planning and delivering risk based audits in line with the annual audit plan and undertaking reactive reviews where new risks emerge. The Business Partner will work jointly with management in developing plans for remediation and tracking through to completion. Being a first rate communicator is essential as you'll deliver audit findings to management and to the Group Head of Audit to assist in the preparation of Board and Audit Committee Papers. You'll play a key role in supporting a strategy of continuous innovation, development and improvement within the function.
Life at Thomas Cook is fast-paced and full of opportunities. We’re a leading international travel company that believes in empowering our people, so when you join us, you’ll be given the chance to create, learn and innovate. You’ll also be given the support and training you need to develop your career in the direction you choose.
As you might expect, our holiday benefits are something special. We’ll give you an allowance towards your holiday every year, depending on how long you’ve been with us. There are also special last minute employee deals, which give you the opportunity to pick up a holiday at an outstanding price. Working for Thomas Cook, you can travel the world for less.
We also offer a flexible benefits package that gives you a range of options to ensure your benefits match your lifestyle.