Internal Auditor, Finance & Operations
THE GROUP: United Technologies Corporation (UTC)
A leader in the global building systems and aerospace industries, United Technologies Corp. (UTC) invents new and better ways of keeping people safe, comfortable, productive and on the move. By combining a passion for science with precision engineering, we create smart, sustainable solutions the world needs. Our commercial businesses include Otis elevators, escalators and moving walkways, and UTC Climate, Controls & Security, a leading provider of heating, ventilating, air-conditioning, refrigeration, fire and security systems, and building automation and controls. Our aerospace businesses include Pratt & Whitney aircraft engines and UTC Aerospace Systems. UTC also operates a central research organization that pursues technologies for improving the performance, energy efficiency and cost of its products and processes. To learn more, visit www.utc.com.
Every day at United Technologies, our 200,000 people across the globe help move the world forward. We rise to challenges, we innovate for the future, and we deliver smart, sustainable products and services the world needs.
Additionally, UTC delivers a premium internal audit service that enables our business segments to achieve superior performance. We drive effective risk management, identify opportunities for enhanced efficiency, foster compliance and facilitate constructive change.
Most importantly, UTC develops future business leaders. The Internal Audit Department (IAD) is developmental in nature and employees are assisted in furthering career goals through placement into business segment roles at the appropriate time. This group is seen as a premier entry point into the business segments within UTC.
THE POSITION: INTERNAL AUDITOR, FINANCE & OPERATIONS
The Internal Auditor position is an exciting and challenging opportunity for a dynamic audit professional who seeks to build on their existing Accounting and Audit experience through in-depth exposure to a fast-paced international business. The Internal Audit department is developmental in nature and employees are assisted in furthering career goals through placement into business segment roles. This group is seen as a premiere entry point into the business segments within UTC. Tenure within the department is based on each individual’s career goals and availability of a suitable opportunity.
UTC's internal audit teams conduct risk-based audits and recommend strategic solutions to the UTC business units. Working closely with business unit management, the Internal Audit group utilizes the latest audit techniques and technologies to ensure that they are conducting value-added audits.
Examples of position expectations can include:
- Assess risk of key business processes resulting in the preparation of audit plans and specific audit programs. Identify internal control weaknesses and opportunities for improvement.
- Participate in Sarbanes-Oxley review
- Create process maps of significant financial, business and operational processes in order to recommend opportunities for improvement for/with the local leadership
- Present audit issues and risk rating to the regional and world head quarters management
- Contributing to quality project of UTC (ACE - Achieving Competitiveness by Excellence)
The position is based in our offices in the Paris area or alternatively home office based in either of the following countries: France, UK, Germany, Austria, Poland, Spain and the Netherlands. The location will be considered on a case by case basis in cities with major airport hubs.
- Bachelors Degree in Finance, Accounting or related business discipline(s).
- Strong command of English and at least one, ideally two other European languages. Fluency in French, Spanish, Russian or German will be considered a plus.
- 4-5 years of progressive experience in a Big 4 or large, commercial internal audit experience
- International accounting standards (IFRS, US GAAP) and strong knowledge of internal controls
- Demonstrated leadership competencies with the ability to work effectively across all levels and functions within the business
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to facilitate diverse groups towards operational efficiencies
- Strong oral and written communication skills and proven presentation skills
- Proactive and results/metrics driven
- Extensive Travel (around 80%) around Europe, Middle East, Africa (EMEA)
- Legal authorization to work in the European Union
We recognize the contributions of our employees by providing competitive wages and a wide array of benefits. We also make the necessary investments in the success of our workforce with an unequaled commitment to continued training and education, a commitment exemplified by our groundbreaking Employee Scholar Program.
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Please email your CV and cover letter in English to Vahina Quoniam quoting the reference F&O Auditor.
Apply for Internal Auditor, Finance & Operations
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly