Manager - Commodities Trading Audit - London
About the Opportunity
Do you have the vision to see through problems? Then join EY to gain experiences that will last a lifetime.
We're looking for a Manager to join our London-based Commodities Markets team as we continue to grow and develop in this space. This is an opportunity to combine both technical and commercial insight, and become a part of our growing niche audit offering that is sector specific. It will also give you the opportunity to address clients' challenges in converting from GAAP to IFRS, advising on financial accounting excellence and GAAP conversions, and accounting for transactions including IPOs.
In your role as a Manager you will have responsibility for:
- Be the Lead Manager on the audit engagements for a variety of commodity trading clients
- Managing and leading a team of up to ten staff, including coaching and developing the talent
- Ensuring completion of audit procedures in a timely manner and to a high standard of quality
- Ensuring adequate involvement of senior team members to leverage their expertise and knowledge
- Managing and contributing to the delivery of a range of projects focusing on financial audit
- Conducting technical accounting analysis for clients going through change
- Preparing reports and presentations on the impact of accounting regulation
- Building strategic relationships with appropriate business partners to support the team in wining new business
- Assisting clients through the provision of advice, the delivery of implementation projects, investigation and resolution of hedge accounting issues;
- Conducting analyses on accounting policies in financial statements to support due diligence teams, tax restructuring transactions
EY is committed to being an inclusive employer and we are happy to consider flexible working arrangements. We strive to achieve the right balance for our people, enabling us to deliver excellent client service whilst allowing you to build your career without sacrificing your personal priorities. While our client-facing professionals can be required to travel regularly, and at times be based at client sites, our flexible working arrangements can help you to achieve a lifestyle balance.