Head of Risk
The Head of Risk will be a stand-alone position with complete ownership for the Risk function, reporting directly into Board level. This includes owning the risk management framework, policies and procedures, appropriate to the operations of each company, and the delivery of all Solvency II risk management requirements for the business.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Financial services experience, with a strong preference for experience within the insurance sector.
- Proven record in Risk Management and promotion of good Risk Management Practices.
- Detailed knowledge of UK regulation and legislation including PRA and FCA principles.
- Must be able to understand, interpret and apply complex regulatory requirements to real business practices.
- Must be able to work independently, and use own initiative to follow through findings and remedial actions.
- Strong stakeholder management skills. Ability to communicate effectively with all levels of management and staff: good written communication skills, fluent and confident in spoken and written communication. Persuasive and convincing with arguments and able to ensure that key messages are understood and acted upon.
- Able to create clear management information for board level on risk to enable good decision making.
- Consultative, approachable and persistent. Good at probing facts and challenging assumptions. Respected and trusted by others.
This is an excellent opportunity for an experienced Risk Manager to step up into a Head of Risk position for a very well-established Insurance organisation where you can have an immediate and long term impact on their Risk function which is critical for their future growth.