Group Auditor - low travel
A FTSE 250 manufacturing organisation in the Midlands is looking for their next finance leader to train in internal audit. Joining the Group Audit team, you will see and learn the business over around 24 months and then move into the business (into a financial controller, risk manager, operations manager position).
The Group is a very well know household name in the UK and has subsidiaries in Europe, of which is it the market leader in its sector in the UK, Ireland, Netherlands, Belgium and areas of Germany and Switzerland.
Within the Group audit team, the Group Auditor’s role is to carry out operational and financial internal audits of processes, functions and business units within the Group and assist with the development of the functions risk-based audit plan. The successful candidate will work within the existing team of circa 8 people and report directly to the Group Audit and Risk Director. The individual will be based in the Group offices in central Birmingham and requires an absolute maximum of 20% travel to commutable locations in the UK and the countries listed above.
Specific duties will include:
- assisting with the Audit Plan, areas for potential future audit work;
- assisting with the development of the audit function and its practices;
- taking control of internal audit reviews from the Group Plan and carrying out and managing the performance of internal audit reviews: planning and execution of audit work and testing, within agreed timeframes;
- drafting audit reports: findings and recommendations, agreeing implementation actions with management and performing follow up activity on those actions;
- assisting with the development and/or implementation of a Risk Management for the Group;
- ensuring compliance with the “Operating and Accounting Polices and Corporate Governance”;
- liaising with Internal Control functions of subsidiaries in the UK and internationally;
- review of subsidiary accounts;
- assisting with integration of any acquisitions and the implementation of adequate controls to fit into the group including: post-acquisition cap-ex reviews and financial due diligence;
- assisting the Director with investigations, preparation for Audit Committee meetings including reporting and presentations.
The candidate should:
- have a minimum of 4-7 years’ audit / finance experience in either practice or industry (or a mix of both);
- have a good understanding of internal audit and experience in this beyond practice would be an advantage;
- be able to show a good knowledge of Risk Management and Risk Based Auditing;
- have good interpersonal and communications skills and an ability to relate to Senior Management
- have a fluent level of English (and French, German, Dutch fluency would be highly advantageous)
- have excellent written, verbal and presentation skills; and demonstrate a keen interest in improving both themselves and the business, with the aim of being a future leader.
- basic salary up to c.£55,000 depending on experience and qualification
- 15% bonus on personal and Group targets
- 25 days Holiday
- company Car scheme or £3,000
- BUPA healthcare
- company Pension scheme matched up to 6%
- share participation scheme
Apply for Group Auditor - low travel
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly