Chief Risk Officer (M/F)
The successful candidate will be responsible for all risk management activities of the bank. We are looking for a self-starter and hands-on risk manager with a strong operational risk background in the banking sector. He/she will be a senior risk professional and with cover the risk function throughout the business ensuring that the company will be have a solid regulatory and compliant risk framework, yet finding strategic solutions to grow and build the business from a risk perspective.
Key responsibilities are:
- Planning, designing and implementing an overall risk management framework and processes for the organisation;
- Risk evaluation, which involves comparing estimated risks with criteria established by the organisation such as costs, legal requirements and environmental factors, and evaluating the organisation's previous handling of risks;
- Establishing and quantifying the organisation's 'risk appetite', i.e. the level of risk the organisation is prepared to accept;
- Risk reporting in an appropriate way for different audiences, to the board of directors and authorised management so they understand the most significant risks, to business heads to ensure they are aware of risks relevant to their parts of the business and to individuals to understand their accountability for individual risks;
- Corporate governance involving external risk reporting to stakeholders;
- Conducting audits of policy and compliance to standards, including liaison with internal and external auditors as well other key control functions within the bank;
- Providing support, education and training to staff to build risk awareness within the organisation.
THE CANDIDATE PROFILE
- A minimum of 7 to 10 years of experience in Risk Management in the banking sector, highly knowledgeable of the circular 12/552
- Bachelor / Masters Degree in Finance or Business Administration.
- Knowledge of stress testing and capital planning is important, in addition to the ability to produce coherent and succinct reports that communicate complex issues in simple terms.
- Excellent numerical ability is required, as is advanced knowledge of MS Word and Excel.
- Fluency in English (both written and spoken) and advanced knowledge of French.
- Dedicated and proactive, result-focused attitude, independent and self-working style, excellent communication skills and strong organisational skills.
Our client is a Wealth Management Company