European Anti-Money Laundering (AML) Office Assistant Manager, Financial Crime Compliance
Discover a Compliance role that really opens doors.
If you’re looking for a career that will unlock new opportunities, join HSBC and experience the possibilities. Whether you want a career that could take you to the top, or simply take you in an exciting new direction, HSBC offers opportunities, support and rewards that will take you further.
Financial Crime Compliance aligns current activities within Global Risk and helps to build these into a more integrated framework to conduct Customer Due Diligence which enables HSBC to manage financial crime risk more effectively. It builds stronger controls to improve the way Financial Crime Compliance risks are managed in order to spot gaps as well as trends so that the team can take action. It proactively gathers and analyses financial intelligence in a smart way so that suspicious transactions, activities or connections can be identified and we can adequately protect our customers from the threat of financial crime.
As an HSBC employee in the UK, you will have access to tailored professional development opportunities and a competitive pay and benefits package. This includes private healthcare for all UK-based employees, enhanced maternity and adoption pay and support when you return to work, and a contributory pension scheme with a generous employer contribution.
We are currently seeking an experienced individual to join this team in the role of European AML Office Assistant Manager.
In this role, you will:
- Be responsible for AML Governance
- Support the Regional Head of AML Office (RAMLO) in the on-going oversight of the regional AML governance framework
- Oversee implementation and support delivery of various globally and regionally driven projects/initiatives across the region
- Review and assess the AML policy dispensations and variances submitted by countries within the Region, forming a recommendation for sign-off by the Regional Head of AML and the Regional Head of FCC. Manage the sign-off process at the regional level and submit for further sign-off to GAMLO
- Track and monitor that action plans for dispensations are adhered to by region and/or countries, in accordance with the terms of the approval
- Create and maintain centralized region-wide repository of FCC related information (country AML policy addenda, AML policy dispensations, etc.) on behalf of the Regional FCC
To be successful in this role you should meet the following requirements:
- Professional with a broad knowledge of Financial Crime Compliance issues across the financial services industry
- Experience working in relevant environment/s
- Regulatory and/or legal experience would be helpful but is not essential
- Good understanding of international AML regulatory regime
Within HSBC certain roles are designated as Enhanced Vetting Roles. For these roles, all internal and external applicants are required (subject to local laws), to pass satisfactorily a series of additional checks both as part of the application process and, if successfully recruited into the Enhanced Vetting role, on an on-going basis. The Group reserves its position with regard to any steps which it may take in relation to any material adverse findings which arise either when the checks are first carried out as part of this recruitment exercise, and/or if relevant, on an on-going basis.
This role has been designated as an Enhanced Vetting Role.
For further details and application information please click “Apply” or visit our careers site, searching under reference 000083E0.
You’ll achieve more when you join HSBC.
HSBC is committed to building a culture where all employees are valued, respected and opinions count. We take pride in providing a workplace that fosters continuous professional development, flexible working and opportunities to grow within an inclusive and diverse environment. Personal data held by the Bank relating to employment applications will be used in accordance with our Privacy Statement, which is available on our website.
Issued by HSBC Bank Plc.
More jobs like this
- £60,000 - £69,999 Fund Management Compliance jobs in London (Central)
- £60,000 - £69,999 Fund Management Forensic / Fraud jobs in London (Central)
- £60,000 - £69,999 Fund Management Financial Crime jobs in London (Central)
- £60,000 - £69,999 Fund Management Compliance & Regulation jobs in London (Central)