AML / Financial Crime Manager (M/F)
Managed by the Head of AML, you will be responsible for the Level 3 AML Investigation tasks supporting the Private Banking, Securities Services and Global Liquidity and Cash Management businesses in Luxembourg, and may also be involved in any related projects. You work closely with FCC colleagues in addressing the day-to-day tasks, and on occasions you could support the Head of AML / Sanctions in analysing more complex alerts or small projects (e.g. the review and updating of operating manuals).
You will be:
- The first point of contact for Level 3 AML Investigations, including transactions/UAR cases escalated by the first line of defense
- Responsible for the “Triage” process of reviewing, assessing and escalating cases into AML Investigations.
- Responsible for conducting investigations concerning accounts/ transactions of an anomalous nature and, where necessary, escalating such cases in accordance with the AML Investigations Procedural Standards for external reporting.
- Responsible for timely and accurate delivery of the AMLi set of MIs as required by Group and applicable regulations
- Responsible for the local maintenance of the case management system and/or process
Your main tasks will be to:
- Process a proportionate number of Anomalous Activity Reports and Consents to agreed procedural standards within agreed service levels.
- Ensure appropriate pro-active use of media reports and relevant websites to gather intelligence and identify customers involved in crime/ML/terrorism etc.
- Produce a high quality case file including a comprehensive narrative and recommendation as to whether or not a SAR is raised with onward disclosure to the relevant authorities in accordance with procedural standards.
- Process a proportionate number of Level 2 Transaction Monitoring cases and AML Level 3 Investigations to the agreed procedural standards required and within agreed service levels.
- Ensure appropriate consideration given to each case as to content and quality of content/narrative.
- Adhere to the SLA’s for Transaction Monitoring Timeframe and to the locally required transmission deadlines
THE CANDIDATE PROFILE
- At least 2 years of experience in transaction monitoring / customer screening;
- Fluency in English required, French and/or another European language is beneficial.
- Dynamic, enthusiastic and self-motivated person with a naturally proactive approach;
- An understanding of the international AML and Sanctions framework, preferably with experience in Luxembourg;
- Team player;
- Ability to work under pressure, both autonomously and within a team and consistently meet deadlines;
- Good interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills;
Our client is a global financial institution.