Sanctions Manager, Financial Crime Compliance
Discover a Compliance role that really opens doors.
If you’re looking for a career that will unlock new opportunities, join HSBC and experience the possibilities. Whether you want a career that could take you to the top, or simply take you in an exciting new direction, HSBC offers opportunities, support and rewards that will take you further.
Financial Crime Compliance aligns current activities within Global Risk and helps to build these into a more integrated framework to conduct Customer Due Diligence which enables HSBC to manage financial crime risk more effectively. It builds stronger controls to improve the way Financial Crime Compliance risks are managed in order to spot gaps as well as trends so that the team can take action. It proactively gathers and analyses financial intelligence in a smart way so that suspicious transactions, activities or connections can be identified and we can adequately protect our customers from the threat of financial crime.
As an HSBC employee in the UK, you will have access to tailored professional development opportunities and a competitive pay and benefits package. This includes private healthcare for all UK-based employees, enhanced maternity and adoption pay and support when you return to work, and a contributory pension scheme with a generous employer contribution.
We are currently seeking an experienced individual to join this team in the role of Sanctions Manager.
In this role, you will:
- Support the Head of the Programme Office in the overall management of the Regional Sanctions Programme and transformation activity, including incepting and mobilising new initiatives where appropriate
- Lead or support the implementation of key aspects of the Sanctions Target Operating model or regional projects designed to improve the sanctions control framework and meet regulatory milestones/commitments
- Take responsibility for assessment of sanctions risk via thematic reviews or risk events and identification of required remediation activity or control enhancements
- Work closely with countries in the region to understand their unique regulatory and operational requirements and implement the required sanctions control/operational enhancements accordingly
- Liaise with relevant stakeholders within Global FCC, Regional FCC, and Country FCC teams to provide expertise and support on regional level Sanctions related matters in relation to the Programme Office
- Provide Regional Sanctions leadership to the Programme Office
To be successful in this role you should meet the following requirements:
- Experience working in relevant environment/s, i.e., Business activities for a large global banking group with diverse operations from retail banking, wealth management, commercial banking, global banking, investments, transaction services, asset management, private banking, and insurance
- A track record of constantly looking for ways to do things better and an excellent understanding of the mechanism necessary to successfully implement change
- Experience of creating and deploying comprehensive business/operating plans which consistently deliver desired results
- A comprehensive understanding of the regulatory frameworks and compliance requirements associated with financial services and experience of working within these
For further details and application information please click “Apply”, searching under reference 00007CIZ.
You’ll achieve more when you join HSBC.
HSBC is committed to building a culture where all employees are valued, respected and opinions count. We take pride in providing a workplace that fosters continuous professional development, flexible working and opportunities to grow within an inclusive and diverse environment. Personal data held by the Bank relating to employment applications will be used in accordance with our Privacy Statement, which is available on our website.
Issued by HSBC Bank Plc.