Compliance Monitoring Specialist - Financial Services
My client are a leading financial services client based in Surrey, working within a broad spectrum of products including insurance and pensions.
Due to an internal promotion, we are assisting with the recruitment of a Compliance Monitoring Specialist.
Reporting into the Compliance Monitoring Manager, your responsibilities will include:
- Delivering an appropriate risk based compliance monitoring programme that reviews business activities covered by FCA & PRA rules or other relevant regulations to ensure that the business and management meet regulatory obligations, communicating the findings effectively to all levels.
- Providing pro-active follow up to issues raised in monitoring to ensure that they are closed down within acceptable timescales
- Developing and maintaining, through monitoring activity, effective stakeholder relationships with business/specialist areas to influence change and educate the business by providing guidance and advice on the regulatory control framework.
The successful candidate will:
- Have a background in Compliance and be used to managing stakeholder relationships as you support the evolving culture within the business.
- Understand the risks that will affect you, your team, the business and customers and will ensure that the company effectively to mitigate this risk.
- Have a strong understanding of Treating Customers Fairly (TCF) and will be able to respond effectively to the changing needs of the customers and ensure that internal controls are in place in order to ensure that customers both internal and external are treated fairly.
- Have had some exposure to Business Continuity Planning and will be able to ensure that all operational BCP processes are up to date and managed correctly.
Communication skills will be key for this important hire. This role will have access to senior stakeholders and will be responsible to building, engaging and managing these relationships as you work to embed the compliance culture across the organisation.
This also offers you an unrivalled opportunity to build and cement your own career opportunities within the business.