Risk and Controls Manager - Financial Services
My client are a large financial services provider of consumer lending across the UK.
Due to an internal promotion, we are seeking to appoint a Risk and Controls Manager to oversee a small team of Risk and Compliance Officers as they provide guidance to the business across the UK.
The Risk and Compliance Officers are responsible for offering advice and guidance to the operational areas supporting the consumer lending businesses across the UK and the Manager is responsible for overseeing this team and engaging with Senior Stakeholders as and when required.
Responsibilities will include:
Being part of a specialist Senior Risk and Compliance Senior Management team formed to provide expertise, advice and guidance to the business, using a '1st line defence' approach.
- Proactively engage with key stakeholders to provide advice and guidance across the business.
- Work with the team and business to help identify and communicate key compliance and risk issues, ensuring that guidance is provided in a manner that is proactive, pragmatic and enabling. The key component here is to add value to the process to ensure that both the retail customer and business operatives are aware of the process and conclusions.
- Responsible for ensuring that Business Units understand and fulfil their obligations under the various and complex legislation / codes of practice that governs the way in which it conducts its business. Includes CCA, CCD, FCA Handbook, Lending Standards Board and Data Protection and Privacy.
- Assist and support Business Units in relation to formal internal and external Regulatory or Audit reviews.
- Assist the Risk Partner to ensure relevant Group and Divisional compliance and risk policies and standards are successfully implemented within the Business Unit's to ensure full compliance.
- To manage a Risk and Compliance team to deliver advice, guidance and support for key Business units in respect of all Regulatory and Operational Risk matters including activities to check and challenge the control environment and raise any issues/concerns identified.
Team Management is an important aspect of this role.
- The successful applicant will be able to demonstrate previous experience in managing and overseeing teams in risk and compliance functions and be able to lead and deliver the mandate effectively. You will be able to build on the culture and approach set out by the Risk and Compliance Business Partner.
- The team exist in order to ensure the consistent provision of quality advice and guidance. To be the point of expertise for the Operational Compliance Officers and Business in relation to the effective resolution of issues to mitigate risk and exposure.
- Attend and chair relationship and governance meetings, providing compliance and risk counsel, opinion and advice as required.
- Build and maintain positive relationships with key stakeholders within the Business and the wider risk community to ensure appropriate co-ordination and delivery of compliance and risk services. Develop their understanding of compliance and risk accountabilities and ensure compliant behaviour.
- Implement an effective risk assessment and reporting framework.
- Report and escalate issues as required, identifying areas for improvement and making appropriate recommendations to mitigate risks.
- Produce relevant, accurate, timely MI and input into UK Risk Team reports.
- Will be a highly motivated self-starter who is constantly seeking to improve standards to ensure that relevant legislation, regulation and codes of practice are followed.
- Will have previous team management experience and be able to manage a remotely located team.
- The successful candidate will have current compliance advisory experience gained from another financial services client. It is essential that the candidate has a strong understand of compliance and risk requirements around consumer lending.
- Will have worked with the FCA handbook previously and have a good grasp of conduct risk and related areas.
- They will understand the implications and impact that the products and processes have on and for customers and will strive to ensure fair outcomes for all customers.
This is an excellent opportunity to join a leading UK financial services provider that can offer a long term career initiative.
For more information please click to apply and send your CV.