Internal Auditor Europe/Latin America
Two positions are open in which the holders will conduct financial, operational and compliance audits for the Compass Group PLC Europe and Latin America regions, respectively, and support the Global Internal Audit function in other governance activities.
The auditor role will include approx. 60% travel to the countries within the region assigned, but can also include countries in Asia, Africa and Middle East.
This is an excellent opportunity for ambitious individuals to develop their careers in a successful and exciting business as part of an international, dynamic, and highly regarded Internal Audit team.
** The successful applicant must hold an EU passport. **
- Conduct audits either individually or part of a team, with responsibility over the audit planning, execution and final report.
- Contribute to Group Governance activities, including the Major Risk Assessment, Regional Governance Committees and monitor the Group Key Financial Controls.
- Continuously interact and develop strong relationships with Group, Regional and Country management teams.
- Deliver high quality reports containing concise and practical recommendations to address key priorities.
- Support other activities completed by the Internal Audit team worldwide, including the preparation of management reports and presentations.
- Improve the existing Group Internal Audit methodology and audit programs to ensure that they adequately address all the key business risks.
- Appropriately document and maintain working papers and evidence to support the audit findings and recommendations.
Desired Skills and Capabilities
- Capable of working both as a part of a team and independently, a self-starter able to approach challenges in a creative manner.
- High professional standards and integrity.
- Commercially competent and ambitious, capable to communicate effectively, influence and establish long-term relationships with senior stakeholders.
- Strong analytical skills, risk awareness and understanding of processes and control.
- Able to quickly identify and prioritise risks and control issues which require attention.
- Understanding of IFRS and auditing standards.
- Ability to function effectively in teams, one-on-one situations, and audit presentations.
- Excellent writing, presentation and listening skills.
Education and experience:
- ACA/ACCA/CIMA/CPA/CIA qualification.
- 4+ years work experience in an internal audit department of a global firm and/or a Big 4 accounting firm. Operational experience in a consumer-focused business would be ideal.
- Previous operational experience in hospitality, manufacturing, inventory, or sales and distribution of consumer goods is preferred.
- Experience identifying and testing internal controls across various business cycles e.g. Finance Reporting, Procurement and disbursements, HR and Payroll, Treasury, etc.
- Experience in conducting risk assessments with an understanding of risk management.
- Excellent PC Skills (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio, Electronic Work Papers, ACL etc.)
- Fluency in English with excellent communication skills both verbally and writing. For the Latin America role, a fluent Spanish is essential and Portuguese desirable.
- An additional European language is advantageous but not essential.
Compass Group PLC is a world-leading food and support services company whose history can be traced back over 60 years. As a FTSE 100 listed company we generated an annual revenue of £19.9 billion in the year to 30 September 2016, operate in around 50 countries, employ over 500,000 people and serve over 4 billion meals every year. 90 of Fortune 100 companies are our clients.
Millions of people around the world rely on us every day to provide their breakfasts, lunches and dinners and make their lattes and cappuccinos. We serve their sandwiches, vend their drinks and provide their hospitality services.
You'll find us serving customers in offices and factories; schools and universities; hospitals and senior living communities; major sports and cultural venues; and remote mining camps and offshore platforms
Increasingly, our clients also count on us to run their reception and office services, clean their desks and their routine maintenance.
We are a people business dedicated to our Great People, Great Service and Great Results.