Stress Testing Analyst
We're looking for a Stress Testing Analyst in Birmingham
- This is a great opportunity for someone with risk management experience
- you'll be supporting stress testing for all of our functions
- This is a varied role, with exposure to business areas right across the bank
What you'll do
Reporting to the head of Stress testing Execution, you'll be supporting budgetary and strategic planning cycle stress testing and regulatory stress tests.
Your main responsibilities will include:
- Supporting stress testing across our bank to make sure that accurate results are presented for a range of scenarios
- Undertaking comprehensive analysis throughout the bank-wide stress testing cycle
- Supporting with the connection of inputs, scenarios and results, and helping with the preparation and delivery of bank-wide stress tests
- Working with your peers to determine stress test requirements, to meet prescribed methodologies and model requirements
- Preparing communication packs for the results of stress tests for Board members and various senior stakeholders
The skills you'll need
We're looking for someone with professional experience in a risk management role or banking environment, and a quantitative qualification and background.
you'll also have:
- Experience in producing high quality outputs
- Significant knowledge of stress testing and cross-risk disciplines
- A good understanding of external regulations and their impact on stress test methodologies and business portfolios
- Knowledge of portfolio modelling in major banks or rating agencies
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, and the ability to explain analytical issues to different audiences
An understanding of the Basel II or III framework would also be beneficial.
How we'll reward you
In return, we offer a competitive salary plus 25% cash and benefit funding programme that can be tailored to suit your individual needs. In addition, we provide a wide selection of exclusive lifestyle offers, development and learning programmes, services and support designed to help you manage and balance your work/life priorities.
For more information on our benefits, please visit our website.
At RBS, we want everyone to feel welcome, regardless of your background or needs. If you need adjustments making to your working environment, we’ll do everything we can to support you. As part of this commitment, we offer flexible working options for some of our roles, find out more here.
As a Financial Services organisation we comply with and support the requirements set by our Regulator, the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA), which are designed to protect our customers. This role falls under Conduct Rules of the Individual Accountability Regime (IAR) and is subject to pre-employment screening. This means if your application is successful, you’ll need to satisfy some important background checks before you can start working with us. These will include a full credit check, a criminal record check, residency and right to work checks.