Information Security Manager - Paris
Are you looking for a challenging opportunity in a new team in a high performing, acquisitive global business?
This exciting listed US multinational company has recently been created by the merger of two independently successful businesses to create the number one provider of clinical, scientific, market and R&D support to the healthcare and pharmaceutical sectors. With a turnover in excess of $7bn, over 50,000 employees and a presence in over 100 countries worldwide the business has a substantial footprint from which to continue to grow.
The business created it’s Information Security function relatively recently and so this is an opportunity to join the global team in it’s early stages. As part of a wider Governance team that is both high profile and extremely well regarded, you will be considered a true “business partner”. IT and Information are central to the operations of the business and so IT/Information Security risk management is key.
The Director of Information Security is passionate about developing the team and often recruits from within the business as the team is seen as a proving ground for “Hi-Potentials”. The business is able to demonstrate strong career development as over the last three years virtually every member of the Governance function has progressed into a new career opportunity either within governance or elsewhere in the business - many have had a variety of options open to them.
Reporting to the US-based Director of Information Security Compliance and working closely with other members of the Information Security and wider governance teams, this opportunity focusses on partnering with the IT community to identify, assess, capture and provide advice on a wide range of both external and internal legal, regulatory and industry-specific information security requirements. In addition you will provide information security compliance advice to new areas of the business or propositions. Hence this role offers an excellent opportunity to pro-actively engage with a range key external and internal stakeholders while making a significant contribution to strengthening the global information security function.
As the ideal candidate, you will:
- Hold an IT, business, or security related degree or MSc
- Ideally have the CISSP or CISM qualification
- Have a minimum of 7 years experience in information security, risk management, IT controls, IT audit or similar including experience of SOC or Service Organisation Controls.
- Ideally have experience within a global organisation in the health, pharmaceutical or similarly regulated sector
- Have a good working knowledge of European data privacy rules and IT governance frameworks such as CobiT, ITIL, ISO27001 etc
- Have the confidence and communication skills to be able to engage with, and to positively influence a wide range of stakeholders including those at senior level
- Be fluent in both English and French languages
- Have the flexibility to be able to travel internationally for up to 25% of the time.
You must have eligibility to work in France without the need for sponsorship to be considered for this opportunity. On offer is a salary of up to circa €65,000 plus bonus and benefits. The role is based in Paris and will require some international travel (up to 25%)