Senior Internal Auditor - Retail/London
This Fortune 500 major global retailer trades through a number of very well known brands and has over 12,000 outlets around the World serving 22 million customers per week. With a passionate and team-focussed culture, the business has continued to grow and won several awards for customer service and employee engagement.
The European Audit function is based in London and the team delivers not only a wide range of operational and financial audits but also (and more unusually) gets involved in remediation work – helping the business to implement recommendations with follow up action plans rather than just delivering their report. As well as regular audits, the team also undertakes advisory work for both the group and business unit management on strategic business decisions and works on ad-hoc projects (recent examples include post acquisition reviews and a business unit merger).
The business is currently seeking an experienced auditor to join the friendly, passionate and multicultural team. Audit is well respected within the business and as such you will be an “ambassador” for the function and so it is essential that you have strong relationship building skills, a genuine passion for the retail sector, a good foundation in operational or financial controls and the ability to think creatively to identify solutions.
Reporting to the Manager you will be a key part in a sociable team of auditors and will work on a wide range of audit and special work – including having the opportunity to lead reviews across the European region. As a regional audit role you can expect to travel between 50% and 60% of the time. However the travel is all short-haul so you are able to return home at weekends (or chose to stay over and explore your destination!)
As the ideal candidate you will:
- Be a bright graduate calibre and either have achieved or currently be studying for an accounting or equivalent qualification
- Be an experienced internal or external auditor – with a keen interest in the retail/consumer goods sector (and ideally have some experience in these sectors)
- Ideally have experience of auditing in a retail or FMCG environment
- Have proven stakeholder management skills and a strong attention to detail
- Be a strong communicator with native-level fluency in English (both written and verbal) – an additional European language is also beneficial (but not essential)
- Be professional, confident and able to influence with credibility
- Have the flexibility to travel for up to 60% of the time
On offer is a basic salary of c£50,000 plus bonus (to 30%) and benefits including discounts.
Due to the travel requirements, you must be an EU passport holder to be considered for this opportunity.
Apply for Senior Internal Auditor - Retail/London
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly